SharLamb, Feb 20, 2019
Description:
rebecca_Tally_Paper5
ZD-Surf,SandAndSeashells-paper-03a
prd_owhd1_pp_03
tangie_splattergraffiti_sweetheart2
tangie_SG_Pause_3

Journaling:

Music has been a comfort to my soul as long as I can remember. I have sung in choirs and ensembles from early grade-school on. My parents didn't believe in spending money on music, so I never learned to play an instrument. But I had several awesome music teachers who taught me to read music and appreciate it. When I was in my 50s we attended a home church (still do!), and someone suggested the autoharp as a simple instrument that I might be able to learn to play in order to accompany our hymn and chorus singing. The next day I bought an autoharp, took a few lessons from a woman doctor whose avocation was playing the harp, and for 16 years I've played and loved this beautiful instrument.

More recently, the Lord has brought to mind lyrics I have put to music and shared with our assembly. People are always wanting to give me credit for writing the songs, but I know it wasn't me! I'm really not a musician, and so many of the words that have been given to me by the Holy Spirit are far more profound than anything I could write on my own. I've tried to force myself to write songs, and they won't come. So I rest in Him, and am sometimes rewarded. But even then, they don't just flow. I have to work at the words. And because I'm not a musician, slogging out the melody, first one finger at a time on a piano, then finding the chords and writing them out is difficult, but beloved labor.
    • Angela Toucan
      beautiful journaling on your pretty page. That quote is from one of my favourite songs.
      SharLamb likes this.
    • mimisgirl
      This is beautiful! How sad that you did not get to learn to play - i took piano lessons for years, and I still feel guilty about not being more serious about it - it really is so soothing to play.

I LOVE that you took up the autoharp! and thank you for sharing your journey!
      SharLamb likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Art Journaling
    Uploaded By:
    SharLamb
    Date:
    Feb 20, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    154.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).