tracymonica

Rachel_Jefferies_February_2019_Mixed_Media_Challenge

Rachel_Jefferies_February_2019_Mixed_Media_Challenge
    • tracymonica
      @mcurtt Here is my submission for Rachel's February Challenge :) Thank you for the inspiration :beat That is my grandma in the bottom left and my grandfather is the male in the photo. My dad says this photo was probably taken between 1928-1930 at their Kolin Avenue home in Chicago.
    • mcurtt
      @tracymonica I LOVE IT!!! Those hairstyles are so fun to look at! Plus that photo is crystal clear! And it does look like a Chicago backyard. I've got some layouts here in the gallery where the photos were taken in our backyard. Fences, garages, plants all along the border of the fences. I was raised near Kostner and Augusta which is 4400 west, 1000 north. Kolin, I think is around 4300 west. But depending on how far north or south they were, it could have been miles away. Or maybe not. I may have been within walking distance of your relatives' home. Thanks for sharing. I have a major soft spot in my heart for vintage pics. :beat:beat:beat
      tracymonica likes this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      What a great and a great "take" on this challenge!
      tracymonica likes this.
    • tracymonica
      Hi Marilyn :) My Dad said the address was 1515 N Kolin Avenue. He lived in that house from 1928 until about 1935. He turned 90 in September of 2018.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • tracymonica
      @mcurtt I also LOVE vintage photos :beat
      mcurtt likes this.
    • mcurtt
      @tracymonica It would have been about six blocks away, not far. My grandparents bought their home in the early 1920's. The house was sold in the late 1980's or early 1990's. It was a two flat, my grandparents lived on the first floor, my parents and the three of us kids lived upstairs. :-)
      tracymonica likes this.
    • tracymonica
      @mcurtt The house on Kolin was a two flat also. My grandma's sister lived in one of the flats with her husband and children and my grandma's family in the other flat. Not sure which family was on which floor.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • mcurtt
      My grandmother's sister and husband and 3 kids originally lived upstairs, while my grandparents and their 5 kids lived downstairs. When my parents got married, my great aunt and family moved out so that my parents could move in. Really similar stories, yes?
      tracymonica likes this.
    • tracymonica
      Yes Marilyn very similar :)
      mcurtt likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Rachel Jefferies
    Uploaded By:
    tracymonica
    Date:
    Feb 5, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    249.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).