Sunberry2

Mom Daughter (MOC7 - Day 20 - Storytelling)

Mom Daughter (MOC7 - Day 20 - Storytelling)
Sunberry2, Feb 1, 2019
Description:
Journaling reads: I have this beautiful, handstitched piece that shows a mother and her young child. It was surprising to learn that my creative, stitch-loving mom did not stitch the piece, but rather my dad. He included my name and birthday and put it together on a frame similar to canvases. At one point, it probably hung up in the house, but I don't recall seeing this artwork displayed. Over the years, a thread came loose and the last letter has come undone. And dad decided recently that I should own this piece of art instead of having it stored in a closet at their house. It's not perfect - there's the slanting of my name at the bottom, the piece is off-center. But I love it all the same. Since I bear a strong resemblance to my mom and my daughter has a strong resemblance to me, I plan to finish unpicking my name and birthdate out and reframe the piece. Hopefully, this can be preserved and my daughter can one day pass this on to her child.

Fiddle Dee Dee - Wow Just Wow Dressed Down
Becca Bonneville - Fresh Start
Kristin Aagard - Coffee & Donuts
Mommyish - Start Anew
Lilypad Collab - Snapshots
Font: Drops of Jupiter
    • jesskab
      What a lovely thing for him to have done! Such a sweet sentiment. Thank you so much for joining the storytelling challenge!
      Sunberry2 likes this.
    • rlucasmn
      This is such a sweet and deceptively simple layout. I love your patterned background paper that acts as a border, the ribbon tucked between, and the sketch photo. So beautiful.
      Sunberry2 likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 7
    Uploaded By:
    Sunberry2
    Date:
    Feb 1, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    196.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).