SharLamb

31TravelersNotebook-Connections-

31TravelersNotebook-Connections-
SharLamb, Jan 31, 2019
Description:
This is such an ironic "last challenge" for me, because I have just this month, entered the world of Traveler's Notebooks and pocket camera photos!
TLP_TN_guide_PSD (thank you!!!)
CCM_Aug18_KAagard_Pattern4
prd_JustMyType_pp_03
CCM-July18-bbonneville-tape1
rjefferies-makeartandjournal2-misc-tape01
rjefferies-makeartandjournal2-misc-tape02

Mickey Mouse clipart ski-Pencil moziru.com

My photos
Font: CK Journaling
Journaling:
Greg stevenson was 7-turning-8 when we became BFFs with his parents, Steve and Dorris while Dave and Steve were serving in the Army at Fort Devens, Massachusetts. We were newly born-again Christians, and spent lots of time together. If we didn’t see each other every day, it meant someone was on vacation! Our doors were open to each other all the time. Our first year at Ft. Devens, Dave and I didn’t have children, so it was easy to sort of adopt Tim, Melody, and Greg. Dave taught them to ski on the slope in front of their house. We went camping together, often ate meals together, and just considered each other Family.
Skip forward 42 years. Dave and I are now in our 60s, and Greg is nearing 50. Greg knew we golfed, and called one day to see if we could fill in for some guy friends who had bailed on a trip to Arizona. Before he could take a second breath, Dave accepted the inviation, and 10 minutes later I had us booked on a flight to Phoenix.

It was the first of about 16 trips, so far, that we have taken in the last 7 years. Each trip is better than the last. The irony, of
course, is that we spend more time with Greg than we do with his parents. Steve and Dorris now refer to Greg as

the Lamb's new best friend!

We have been to Alaska a couple of times, staying with Steve and Dorris, but much of the fun we’ve had there has been due to Greg’s generosity. We’ve been blessed to explore Prince William Sound on his boat, fish, go 4-wheelin’ in the wilderness, etc. But we’ve also done some awesome sight-seeing drives with his parents. Steve and Dorris also join us in Arizona once in awhile.

Fifty years of friendship has found us laughing and crying together through many joys and sorrows. Although Dorris pretends to be jealous of our friendship with Greg, I know she is more than delighted that we care for him almost as much as she and Steve do. We all feel blessed to have each other.
    • *gina*
      gorgeous page and great journaling - love it!
      SharLamb likes this.
    • lmccandless
      Ahhhh, this touched my heart so deeply! What an amazing story of lasting friendship and how your trips have kept you connected. Super "then and now" photos too! Great work on this challenge!
      SharLamb likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 7
    Uploaded By:
    SharLamb
    Date:
    Jan 31, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    111.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).