heathert

MOC 7.20 - Storytelling (Anatomy of a Professional Bookworm)

MOC 7.20 - Storytelling (Anatomy of a Professional Bookworm)
heathert, Jan 23, 2019
Description:
Everything with Bella Gypsy's Well Read--font is Typewriter Medium. Journaling reads (231 words):

Ok, so this arrived in my mailbox one day, and I just about died laughing. This is me, at 30--according to my Dad. (This little figurine also happened to clarify a strange conversation I’d had with him a couple of months earlier, where he was actually asking me who my favorite authors were, etc.--and here I thought he didn’t really care!) I'm a bit of a grumpy bear, with a rat tail (see inset). I'm working on my Ph.D., and writing my dissertation on French-language surrealism and science fiction--and spending lots of time on the computer! I was particularly fascinated at the time by a couple of writers: Wildy Petoud, from Switzerland, and Pierre Pelot, from France. Other non-sf favorite writers were Sartre, for his concepts on existentialism and self-responsibility; and Montaigne, who was surprisingly relevant despite having lived in the 16th century. I guess I was re-reading Dune (by Frank Herbert) for the umpteenth time. And I was of course teaching French, hence the dictionary, the beret, and the apple. Not having finished my degree yet, I was pretty seriously impecunious and yet having to start repaying loans--always a rough time in a perpetual student's life (see all the bills and the no-dollars money in the inset). And my cat Josh (more commonly referred to as Joshy Woshy), was my constant companion. Cutest birthday present EVER!
chastml and JenniferJ like this.
    • A-M
      What an interesting story you have shared on your lovely page. I take it your Dad made this for you? ... very talented man if he did.
      heathert likes this.
    • JenniferJ
      ohhh this was so darn cute! Loved your journaling andthe fresh clean feel/look of your page! Great job!
      heathert likes this.
    • heathert
      @A-M No, actually he just commissioned it. He's a very skillful woodworker though! =)
      A-M likes this.
    • SeattleSheri
      I like how you have photos of both the front and back of the figurine. That was thoughtful of your dad to give it to you and I'm glad you got a good chuckle out of it too! I love that term "professional bookworm" ... I consider myself an amateur bookworm (I read nightly, but usually nothing with a lot of substance - I reserve that for my working hours).
      heathert likes this.
    • jesskab
      Now that is hilarious! What a treasure to have from your father! Thank you for explaining all the features. Thank you so much for joining the storytelling challenge!
      heathert likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 7
    Uploaded By:
    heathert
    Date:
    Jan 23, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    249.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).