Cherylndesigns

Dinskip July18 Challenge FreeSpirit

Dinskip July18 Challenge FreeSpirit
Cherylndesigns, Jul 2, 2018
Description:
Credits: dinskip_curves_pp07b; curves_Toverlays_03 & 04; curves_pp06b, 10 & 11; freespirit_illustrations_stitches; freespirit_illustrations_dreamcatcher; freespirit_illustrations_bow2; freespirit_illustrations_wordart1; P&C_tornpaper; anticipation_circles1.
Psychozoe and bbymks5 like this.
    • bbymks5
      This is beautiful!! You used one of my favorite kits!!
    • Cherylndesigns
      @bbymks5 Thanks so much, Timmi! I love it too and this is the first time I've used the dreamcatcher. It's a gorgeous kit!
    • mcurtt
      I love how you paired a b&w photo with this kit. The title goes so well with the overall page design.
    • bellbird
      this is just so pretty! i may have a thing for dreamcatchers so they always catch my eye (pun not intended) and the soft colours here are just wonderful :love
    • Cherylndesigns
      @mcurtt Thanks so much, Marilyn. I tried that idea of creating the page from the outside in. I normally start with the picture. Glad you like it.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @bellbird Thanks, Justine! I love dreamcatchers, too. I just made a real one and it turned out really well. I used to make them years ago and strung the "catcher" myself using different kinds of twine. I used a doily as the center of the one I just made.
      bellbird likes this.
    • jenn mccabe
      I love your Why it Works "from the edges" page ... it came out awesome. The balance is lovely and so is all the texture! That big dream catcher is so pretty on your page!
    • bellbird
      @Cherylndesigns i have a whole pinterest board of designs of dreamcatchers - there are so many kinds it is mind blowing and an artform in itself but have only made 1 with DS (well fixed the one DS attempted to string with some beads woven in) and changed up 2 smaller premade ones for a mother's day stall with the doiley in the centre -but i have bought some doileys & feathers with plans at some point but the hoop bit is the expensive & tricky to find bit it's turning out - it's not like embroidery hoops are everywhere these days, some of the ones i pinned seemed to use wire to shape a crescent moon and hang stars etc from so maybe it's not just me finding hoops limiting! anyway all too much discussion for a comment here but like i said, i'm a bit inspired by them!
    • Cherylndesigns
      @jenn mccabe Thanks, Jenn. I was really happy with the outcome and glad you gave us the incentive to try it.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @bellbird I actually used a metal embroidery circle - it was brass colored, but I wound leather stripping around it and covered it so it didn't matter. I think there were 3 in the package. I'm really happy with the way mine turned out but it took me a long time. Do you think it would be okay to post a picture of it here someplace at TLP?
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Dawn Inskip
    Uploaded By:
    Cherylndesigns
    Date:
    Jul 2, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    361.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    550px
    Height:
    550px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).