Pachimac

MOC31_ThenandNow_Pachimac

MOC31_ThenandNow_Pachimac
Pachimac, Feb 1, 2018
Description:
And with this, I complete the MOC 6!

Journaling:
It is hard to believe that so many years have passed between these two photos. Our “Then” picture was taken in 1968, when we still lived in Santa Ana. I have very little memory of this house, or this particular Christmas. My memories seem to start in 1969 when we moved to the house I grew up in. My sister is seven years older than I am, and my brother is 18 months older. We grew up in a pretty much normal suburban environment - school, church, lazy summers by the pool. The “Now” picture was taken in 2016 and it was at a not so fun location: our mother’s burial. It’s amazing to me how fast time has flown from being those tow head blondes with nothing to worry about except what games we were going to play today to the three grown siblings with families and responsibilities. We are all different people with one common thread: Blood. We love fiercely, and will always be family no matter how much time passes by before we see each other in person again. I live in Las Vegas and they are both in California, so visits are few and far between lately.

Credits:
Etc by Danyale - "Yesterday"
One Little Bird - "Thrive" word art
KittyY and Aerobigirl like this.
    • mcurtt
      Lovely journaling, would make a great heritage page. I love both of the sibling shots.
      Pachimac likes this.
    • flowersgal
      Lovely layout and neat photos. Isn't it sad that as we age and move about sometimes funerals are the thing that draws us back together? My cousins and I talked about this years ago and now plan to get together for a few days at least once every year.
      Pachimac likes this.
    • KittyY
      glorious design sister! So pretty - great work and I love the photos!!
      Pachimac likes this.
    • ArmyGrl
      I realize the now photo was taken your Mom's funeral; however what a wonderful trip down memory lane. When I think about what scrapbooking is, your layout here is the perfect representation.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    Pachimac
    Date:
    Feb 1, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    241.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).