*gina*, Jan 31, 2018
Description:
Day 31 - Then + Now (the last day)

Tick Tock Collection
Just Another Day Artsy Stuff
all by Dawn Inskip
photos: private

Journaling:
Our friendship began as a pen-friendship in 1969. I remember when your first letter arrived. I was so happy. I wrote back and from that time the letters are going back and forth between Austria and Germany. In 1971 we met the first time. It was a great adventure to go by train such a long distance. Over all the years our friendship continued. I visited you often, was guest on your wedding. We spent together our vacation in Denmark. There are so many points in our life.
Then in 1990 I came for a visit with my daughter. Your daughter was just 3 years. We enjoyed that time.
Now our children are grown up but our friendship still goes on. You have been a great support during my illness - I will never forget this.
Last year I visited you again to celebrate your 60th birthday - what a fun. I met so many people from before.
I am happy I have a friend like you - our friendship already lasts nearly 49 years.

170 words
londoncuppa likes this.
    • dawninskip
      Beautiful Gina <3
      *gina* likes this.
    • Nightshadow
      I love this page especially the story you wrote. I always wanted a pen pal but was never able to have one who was willing to write regularly. Nowadays, no one seems to write letters any more, such a shame. You two have had a wonderful friendship...I hope it continues for many more years.
      *gina* likes this.
    • Nemla
      What a great story. How special is a long friendship like that !.. Love your page
      *gina* likes this.
    • redplaid3
      So glad you have this special friend. Beautiful page and sweet memories.
      *gina* likes this.
    • mcurtt
      What an wonderful, lasting relationship you have formed with your pen pal. And that was all before e-mail and the internet... :-)
      *gina* likes this.
    • londoncuppa
      Such a great story, Gina. That's amazing that you found someone so special and that it started out as a pen pal. Love your LO!
      *gina* likes this.
    • meterr
      Wow, incredible story!!
      I love how you used the colourful background and the muted, greyish elements. It makes the photos really pop!
      *gina* likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    *gina*
    Date:
    Jan 31, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    205.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).