KAPOH

MOC6-Day-#31-THEN-AND-NOW

MOC6-Day-#31-THEN-AND-NOW
KAPOH, Jan 31, 2018
Description:
JOURNALING:
THEN AND NOW
I love breakfast "out." So, hearing about a place called "The Best Breakfast," stuck in an "annex" area slightly behind a strip mall in a Columbus suburb, I had to give it a try. When I finally found the place, I wasn't sure I wanted to go inside. It didn't exactly have the best "ambiance." It wasn't dirty, but it was just "seedy." It was a long, dark, narrow diner with a counter and stools on the right and a row of 1950's-era tables on the left. "Decor" consisted a stacks of supplies piled up in the back corners. BUT, the food WAS wonderful and the service fast and friendly.
Then, several years later, my cousin and I were taking about area restaurants. He said whenever his job took him in to Columbus, he made it a habit to have breakfast at this small, out-of-the-way restaurant called "The Best Breakfast & Sandwiches," (expanded their cuisine!) He described it as nice and friendly, and said the food was great. Nice? Well, guys' standards tend to be a bit lower than females' but, I decided to give it another try. Surprise! It now WAS nice! It somehow seemed wider. Maybe it was because there was LIGHTING and the supplies had been tucked away out of sight. The place had some decorations on the walls and the tables and stools had been replaced with something from THIS century. Food was still wonderful and the service fast and friendly.
Last year when my sister made her annual Columbus visit, I took her there to have "the best breakfast." But, it was GONE! Now, it was called "Delaney's Diner." Breakfast, lunch, and brunch! Woo, woo. Fancy. So, we gave it a try. First impression: WOW! New flooring; even brighter lighting; new paint job; improved bar; bright red counter stools and booths replaced the tables. It not only SEEMED larger, it WAS larger, having expanded into the store next door to create a real dining room. And, best of all, the food was still wonderful and the service fast and even friendlier!
CREDITS: SIGN PHOTOS: web; KITS: Unfortunate Events by Etc. by Danyale; All Things New by Lynn Grieveson; FONT: Arial
    • Sokee
      What a wonderful take on this challenge!! I love your series of photos for both 'places' and your journaling right now the middle!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    KAPOH
    Date:
    Jan 31, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    129.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    640px
    Height:
    495px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).