heathert

The Battle for Sleep (MOC6.31)

The Battle for Sleep (MOC6.31)
heathert, Jan 31, 2018
Description:
Sure have enjoyed my first Month of Challenges at the Lilypad!!
For this one, we had to have at least 2 photos taken 1 year apart, with the years clearly marked. 150+ words of journaling with "then" and "now" somewhere in it (158; mine's at the beginning of sentence 2). And some scrapping product: papers (3) & heart from Pink Reptile Design's "Carefree." Fonts: Florence, Bambusa, and Rough Draft Solid Fill. Journaling reads:
2003, 2004, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2018. Then and now, you sleep fitfully. You cry out, you grind your teeth, you moan, you wake yourself up. But you are always my little boy, and I have always loved watching you sleep, when I can. Tonight, the click of the camera almost awakened you completely--oops! I could tell you were grousing about it in your dreams. At least these nights, you can manage to sleep a whole night through! I remember when we finally decided you were going to have to sleep in our bed, because otherwise I would lose my mind from sleep deprivation. That worked for about five years, and then your kicks to my kidneys made me choose to sleep in *your* bed. Finally, around twelve, you managed to sleep in your own, although it was still quite a few years before you no longer walked in your sleep. Thank goodness those nights are over!
    • cfile
      :) Wonderful documentation of all his sleeping photos.. how sweet! So glad your son is no longer sleep walking. I wonder if a lot of boys do that... my brother did only he played basketball! LOL Also he played cards and talked alot. I am glad your son outgrew a lot of that so you can sleep more soundly! I love the then and now photos... well scrapped and I love the composition and title work. Well done Heather! TFS!
    • heathert
      @cfile He played basketball in his sleep? Wow! That would be something else! Allen was able to carry on complex arguments while he was sleep-walking--in fact, it was quite a few years before we even figured out that he was still asleep!
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
      @heathert Heather - My Mom would be watching TV on the couch and my brother would be walking in to the kitchen, go to where the garbage can was, step on the garbage lid opener lever and then do the motion of a hook shot.. arms up in the air.. My Mom asked him what he was doing and he said hook shot.. he would then release his foot from the lever and go back to bed... never remembering in the morning... it really was funny! Oh gosh re your son and the arguments.. Glad he has changed somewhat. Had to be terrifying for you though. Have him stay away from Ambian!!
      heathert likes this.
    • mcurtt
      What a great series of photos. I love that you have them all in b&w, rather like dreams, you think? Well done. :-)
      heathert likes this.
    • heathert
      @mcurtt That's an interesting take on it!
      mcurtt likes this.
    • mirjam
      What a fantastic page Heather!!!!
      heathert likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    heathert
    Date:
    Jan 31, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    237.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).