Nightshadow

Moc 6 Day 31 - Then and now

Moc 6 Day 31 - Then and now
Nightshadow, Jan 31, 2018
Description:
Supplies:
Background paper is a freebie from Lynne Marie (I Will be there blog hop)
Elements from Lynn Grieveson, The Quiet Life: Berry branch, stamps, paint, banner, leaves
https://the-lilypad.com/store/The-Quiet-Life-elements.html
Template from Lynn Grieveson
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Springboard-templates-No.03.html

Journaling:
Then, my wedding day. The photo was taken in the haydays of the 1970's and since it wasn't my first marriage, I not only didn't wear white, I wore a dress which today would be suitable to wear at a Renaissance Fair. That style of dress was very popular then and I just loved mine (I think I still have it stuffed into a closet somewhere). I made the veil myself and decorated it with embroidered flowers and used a Mantilla comb in my very long hair) to give it height. I was very much into costumes back then, now...I'm much more casual, and comfortable in my choice of clothing and of course my hair is now worn very short.

Forty years later, still happily married, but boy oh boy, what a lot of gray hair and both my eyebrows and eyelashes have all but disappeared...but...my teeth are good and I'm still walking around, and so far, my brain is still working. Hubby and I are still together and very much partners together in our life..so...all in all...things are pretty great.
londoncuppa and KarenB like this.
    • *gina*
      Gorgeous page and photos - love your journaling. Don't worry about your gray hair. I always say - every gray hair was a happy hour. Now look at the mirror and you will see how many happy hours you had :-)
    • Nemla
      I love your two photos, and the journaling is great too.
    • Nightshadow
      @*gina* Thank you Gina, actually I like my gray hair. I've never been able to color it, it's much too coarse but it tends to be silvery and I just read something the other day that said gray and silver hair are "in" right now. First time since the 70's I've been "in". LOL
      *gina* likes this.
    • redplaid3
      Such a beautiful life. Loved it.
    • londoncuppa
      Great journaling, Elaina. I love your wedding pic! Don't feel bad about your grey hair. I've had it since I was 21, and it's getting harder and harder for me to color. Stubborn little things! I just tell myself it's proof I've lived!
    • LynnG
      Beautiful take on the challenge :-)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    Nightshadow
    Date:
    Jan 31, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    195.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    794px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).