zenjen

MOC6.Day 26.Half Birthday

MOC6.Day 26.Half Birthday
zenjen, Jan 28, 2018
Description:
Journaling reads:
My birthday is January 4th. That’s only ten days after Christmas. Growing up, I sometimes received the Happy Birthday/Merry Christmas cards and gifts from people which is kind of a bummer as a kid, you feel like you get gypped out of one or the other of the most special days of the year. And now as an adult, I understand how it can happen, it’s a busy time of year although I would always separate the two for anyone I know with the same affliction. BUT, my Mom always made my days special at home by doing two very special things. First, every year after Christmas, she took down all the Christmas decorations before the new year so that by the 4th, there wasn’t red and green around to mix with my birthday celebration. And, my half birthday is July 4th, so that’s pretty cool! And so every year on July 4th she gave me a half birthday present since it was always another entire year for me before another day I got presents arrived. Pretty special and fun memory. Thanks Mom!

I used the Nov 2016 MPM collection, Timeless
Template from Drip Drop by Fiddle-Dee-Dee
chastml likes this.
    • zenjen
      @chigirl Thought you wouldn't want to miss this one:)
      chigirl likes this.
    • AnotherAmanda
      So sweet. Love the page and journaling.
      chigirl likes this.
    • Iowan
      Yep, you got gypped. I always felt sorry for the kids at school that had holiday birthdays since they just got forgotten in the shuffle. I love your photo-less page and your journaling is awesome. Thanks for taking the heritage challenge!!
      chigirl likes this.
    • chigirl
      i'm so happy I could give you this very special childhood memory. beautiful picture-less page, love the purple (of course) water splats.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    zenjen
    Date:
    Jan 28, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    155.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).