Amson

MOC26-1970s

MOC26-1970s
Amson, Jan 27, 2018
Description:
Thanks so much for the fun challenge. I have 201 words.

I don’t remember taking this photo but photos like this from my childhood are rare and therefore special. I remember one trip to Nowra to pick up Grandma and Grandad Fleming and bringing them back to Canberra for a holiday and it was probably this time.

Looking at these two photos, I can see that it is after the extensions on the house were complete so all of us children now had our own bedrooms. The garage and shed had not been installed so the backyard is larger and more open than it is now. The wood barbecue was set into the patio area (a luxury for us) and I remember many barbecues out in the yard. There is a real mix of chairs including the old deck chairs from Malaya, an old dining chair and a wooden stepladder that Grandma is sitting on. The fruit trees are still quite small but I can see the Rhubarb in the back corner thriving. Our meal would have been sausages and salad. There was never steak but occasionally we would also have lamb chops.

I had a wonderful childhood. There was not a lot of money but these were definitely very happy times.

Credits: Sara Gleason - Blithe, When and Sanguine Kits
Mommyish - Styles 263 Shadows.

Thanks for looking!
chastml and karen Barlow like this.
    • Serena
      I like how you've tucked the journaling into the cut outs and that you are able to tell from the photo when it was due to the additions that weren't there or that were! I wish I had a place that I could tell things like that on, this is lovely! I also like how you tucked the starburst to really make joy seem like it's radiating! :)
    • Iowan
      what a splendid job you did of telling about your childhood. I love the way you placed the story in the cut out, very clever. Cool use of color too. Thanks for taking the heritage challenge!!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    Amson
    Date:
    Jan 27, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    154 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).