Susan - s3js, Jan 28, 2018
Description:
11 Jan 2018 On This Day Journaling Challenge

Papers: Amy Wolff – Solids Mega Pack Vol 5
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Solids-Mega-Pack-Vol.5.html
Template – Scrapping With Liz – Social Templates
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Social-Digital-Scrapbook-Templates.html

Journaling reads:

Today was one of the most important competitions of marching season. The Festival of Champions is open to high school bands nationwide, although it often ends up a regional competition. Getting here take long hours and hard work. Winning the championship is a grueling 12 hours of gut-wrenching suspense, especially if you are the first band in either session to open the contest. For the seniors, this was the last chance to give Dr. Jones the big win for the first band that was completely under his leadership. It was a matter of pride and love. As much as they wanted the trophy for themselves and the school, they wanted it more for him than anything else.

It was an especially important day for Jason and his friend since elementary school, Katie Dugger. Co- Drum Majors, they encouraged and uplifted the band and exuded confident leadership. As far as they were concerned, they bore the burden of failure or success. And succeed they did, by a wide margin. The band performed flawlessly. The program charmed the judges and audience alike. And me? As the tears streamed down my face, I could only say, “That’s MY boy and his wonderful friends!” We had a houseful of them after the contest. Lots of joy in our house!
Mylinn likes this.
    • HeatherB
      Sounds like an amazing moment! Loved reading the journaling - great storytelling. And I really like how you picked up on the uniform's red and gold colours for your papers. Great page! Thanks for playing along with my challenge!
    • Susan - s3js
      Thanks, Heather - It was!
    • Sokee
      I LOVE your page Susan! I had children that went all the way through High school Band and Marching season was my son's favorite part of band. We have so many great memories of Band Camp through the football season.
      Congratulations to them!!!
      Just so you know. If you respond to a person that left a comment on your layout, See the +comment button on their response to your layout? click that and then leave your comment to them, that way they are notified that you responded to them! I love that we can do that!
    • Susan - s3js
      @Sokee Cool! Thanks for the heads up - I missed that! Band season was fun, but it was tiring. I'd do it again!
      Sokee likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    Susan - s3js
    Date:
    Jan 28, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    144.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).