A-M

MOC6_26_Journaling_Tradition_Christmas-Day-photo

MOC6_26_Journaling_Tradition_Christmas-Day-photo
A-M, Jan 26, 2018
Description:
Journaling:
My mother had all sorts of traditions and one of those at Christmas was that on Christmas Day after we had been to Church we had to line up for a photo. I remember one year we had decided to go to Church at midnight on Christmas Eve and for some silly reason I decided I would go to bed early and have someone wake me up in time to go to Church. That was a bad decision as I ended up feeling like I wanted to faint at Church. When we got home my mother still insisted on a photo with me looking very pale. I have not shared that photo!

It is interesting to see that the photos for both 1978 and 1979 show me wearing my favourite colour – red. The dress I am wearing in 1980 was one I made myself as I used to do more sewing in those days. At a guess my Dad took the photos in 1978 and 1979 and the one in 1980 must have been taken by my brother, Philip. The sister in the photos is my younger sister, Carolyn. My older sister, Vanna at the time was in a bad marriage and was not allowed to visit her family. She missed out on a lot of family events in those days.

Credits: Church, Hymn book, stitched border from Faithful by Kristin Aagard; Bauble Paper, word art, Holly, flower, bow from CCM_DEC2107; Journal Card from jj-stdec2017; White frames created using Seamless Photo Borders Style by Mommyish; Font - Learning Curve
    • Pups_r_Paps
      I love the idea of a family photo every Christmas - perfect for sparking memories years later. Today, though, everyone would be able to be in the photo instead of someone having to take the picture. Your BG paper and vellum church are perfect.
      A-M likes this.
    • Iowan
      I like how you put the church vellum in the background. I remember those photos of standing in a line. Was there any other way to take photos back then when you might take a roll or two per year. Your photos are lovely and your story is wonderful. Thanks for taking the heritage challenge!!
      A-M likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    A-M
    Date:
    Jan 26, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    150.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).