sakura-panda

20171216_WreathsAtGLNC_600

20171216_WreathsAtGLNC_600
sakura-panda, Jan 25, 2018
Description:
Wreath Laying at Great Lakes National Cemetery

We have been talking about helping with Wreaths Across America and this year we finally did it.

The top photo is Michaila clearing the snow off of my dad's memorial marker, the middle is Dominic with a friend looking for graves without wreaths, and the bottom is Nathan clearing off a wreath that was buried under the snow.

Journaling:
Each December, on Wreaths Across America Day, over 1400 cemeteries in all 50 states, at sea, and abroad coordinate wreath laying ceremonies.

This year, with some of the Linden Robotics team families, we volunteered to help place wreaths at the Great Lakes National Cemetery.

Before meeting the rest of the team, we approached three different trucks, looking for wreaths, only to find out that they were all empty. By the third truck, we were disappointed that we couldn’t find any wreaths. However, one of the team families had grabbed several wreaths for our team, and we arranged to meet near the memorial section, where we were headed to go visit my father’s marker.

Michaila brushed the snow off his marker and wreath while we waited for the rest of the team to catch up with us. (His wreath was placed earlier by the American Legion Auxiliary.)

Once we were together, we looked for an area where there were graves without wreaths and soon had them all placed.

Nathan dug out a wreath buried in the snow.

Supplies: Freedom Collection by Dawn Inskip; font is You Wont Bring Me Down

Created for MOC 2018 Challenge: January 11: On This Day (Journaling Challenge)
Amson likes this.
    • Amson
      What a wonderful thing to do especially with your son. I love this page!
    • HeatherB
      What an amazing experience to do together. Loved reading your journaling, great storytelling. And loved seeing the photos from the ceremony. Great page! Thanks for playing along with my challenge!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    sakura-panda
    Date:
    Jan 25, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    235.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).