sparagus

MOC 6 - Day 17 - Sparagus

MOC 6 - Day 17 - Sparagus
sparagus, Jan 20, 2018
Description:
Credits:
Retrospective - One Little Bird

Journaling (257 words) reads:
"Nicknames are funny things. They have a way of sticking with us throughout the years. My username evolved from a nickname that I had in high school when I was on the speech & debate team. Our team was very close-knit, and each of us had a nickname that the rest of the team always used. I was a bit of a Veggie Tales nerd in high school, which was the catalyst for my nickname. My name (Sarah) quickly morphed into “Sparagus” during my freshman year – and it stuck. I find it a bit amusing that the nickname has transferred over the years from one batch of friends to the next. A few of my friends still call me “Sparah,” but mostly the nickname has become a nostalgic note of the past, carrying with it memories of crazy speech meets and intense debates, overnight trips across the state and our tub of Skittles called our “think tank,” of kids talking to walls randomly as they practiced for their next rounds and coaches ordering endless boxes of pizza, of so very man hours poured into researching for debate cases and just as many hours dedicated to laughter & friendship. It's a super silly nickname, and probably an even sillier username, but it always serves as a reminder: work hard to get where you want to be, but also enjoy the process. Have fun. Laugh. Learn. Push yourself and be creative, but be forgiving of flaws – in yourself and in others. And always take time to invest in friendship."
Graciela1, Mylinn and SheriScraps like this.
    • A-M
      Very eye catching and very cleverly created. You shared some great words in the ending to your journaling,, thankyou.
      sparagus likes this.
    • karen Barlow
      Very creative - i love it - the layout, the story - it works so well. :-)
      sparagus likes this.
    • Mylinn
      Wow, love the big text letter!
      sparagus likes this.
    • flowersgal
      Beautiful layout and clever way to have the S be your journaling.
      sparagus likes this.
    • bestcee
      I love the way you used the S to journal inside! I figured you just like asparagus! Your story is so sweet and lovely. Thanks for sharing!
      sparagus likes this.
    • AnEnglishLady
      I love that you documented the backstory to your username and that you made the journaling the main feature of the page by forming the shape of an S.
      #MOC6-17 #username #journaling #aboutme #JournalingInAShape
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    sparagus
    Date:
    Jan 20, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    457.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).