krizo

MOC2018 - username - 'Krizo'

MOC2018 - username - 'Krizo'
krizo, Jan 17, 2018
Description:
Credit : paper from OLB 'lovelist'

Texte en français :
J'ai commencé le digi scrap après la naissance de mon fils, vers 2007.
J'ai créé un blog et je me suis inscrite sur plusieurs forums. J'ai donc du choisir un pseudo.

A cette époque, j'avais un ami passionné d'entomologie et particulièrement fasciné par les chrysomèles, qui sont de petits scarabées très jolis, ressemblant à des pierres précieuses.

Cet ami utilisait comme avatar sur les réseaux sociaux une image de chrysomèle. Après avoir essayé différents noms déjà tous utilisés, j'ai eu l'idée de prendre 'chrysomèle' comme pseudo, mais en l'écrivant 'Krizomel'. C'était donc un peu un hasard.

Avec le temps, 'Krizomel' s'est raccourci en 'Krizo'. C'est étrange quand je rencontre des personnes qui m'ont connue sur les réseaux sociaux et les forums et qui m'appellent par mon pseudo, qui finalement est devenu une partie de mon identité.

Translation:

I began digi scrap after the birth of my son, around 2007.
I created a blog and got envolved in several forums, though I had to choose a username.

I had a friend whose hobby was entomoly, especially 'leaf beetles'. Leaf bettles are very pretty small insects that look like little jewels.
I remember that the avatar photo chosen by this friend on social medias was a picture of leaf bettle and in French, leaf beetle is translated by 'chrysomèle'. As I was looking for a username and had tried several that were already used, I had the idea to use chrysomèle as my username, but writing it 'krizomel'.
In time, I decided to shorten the name, so now it's Krizo. It's strange to meet people who have known me on social medias who call me Krizo ; that username had become part of my identity.
Mylinn, mcurtt, threadjungle and 2 others like this.
    • redplaid3
      This is the most interesting story I've read yet. Your name is a real jewel.
    • flowersgal
      I'm not usually a fan of bugs but your layout is lovely and your choice of username is fascinating.
    • MrsPeel
      c'est vraiment original!!!!!!! I oftren wondered what the Krizo was? Mon Francais, je m'obluie , mais je n'a toujours pas reconnu le mot comme un mot français.... is great to read this !!!!
    • BevG
      That is a really neat story and I love that big bug photo (bugs are cool as long as they stay outside of my house).
    • Rikki
      Interesting story! Very original idea.
    • tinkerbell1112
      gorgeous photo!
    • bestcee
      That is a really cool story! I love that you picked a name based on a beetle, and then you shortened it!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    krizo
    Date:
    Jan 17, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    149.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).