sbpoet

USERNAME: sbpoet [MOC 17: Username (Journaling)]

USERNAME: sbpoet [MOC 17: Username (Journaling)]
sbpoet, Jan 17, 2018
Description:
USERNAME: sbpoet

Made for the Month of Challenges at The Lilypad: January 17: Username (Journaling). Elements from Tangie Baxter, Lori Davison, Rebecca McMeen, Studio Basic, Amber LaBau, Elegant Wordart, Just Jaimee, Micheline Martin, and Pink Reptile Designs.

187 words

For detailed credits see at flickr.

EDITED so sorry forgot this earlier! Journaling:

I began blogging in January 2004, fourteen years ago, and it must have been about the same time that I chose my . . . handle. I had been using sbmontana, or my real name, for email and my limited online activities.

In 2004, the internet was still a new and potentially dangerous thing. My blog was initially planned to be anonymous, and I needed a domain. I tried everything I could think of, including sbmontana. Everything I could think of was already taken, or had too many characters, or would not work for some techno reason I didn’t understand.

After several frustrating hours, I asked myself “Who am I?”, typed in sbpoet, and bingo, it worked. This was a personal, emotional, leap for me, to claim the title “poet”. A stepping up.

The shell icon is an integral part of my username. I chose it because I love it. I had noticed, on various forums, that I would become confused when people changed their profile photos. I could remember those photos more easily than usernames.

So I decided to never change mine. It was, and is, and will be:
Mylinn, mcurtt and Rikki like this.
    • *gina*
      gorgeous page and jorunaling
    • AnneofAlamo
      I think I remember the shell coming to be? was it on the 2nd or 3rd Art Journal Caravan? I was so amazed at your shell...and could never get a stamp right for me. I adore your name Sharon, and always think of you as a person who writes poems with her art.
    • melaniedesigns
      ooooh this page is just perfect i love it
    • LynnG
      I loved seeing those little hints of you in the photos (so clever) and I love how much this page tells us. Everytime I see that shell icon I associate with you I shall remember this :-)
    • Nemla
      You are right about the shell,it is eye catching , and I love your username. Sometimes destiny intervenes for a reason.
    • bestcee
      I love that the internet made you claim your identity as a poet! The little face peeks are awesome! I love how you split the page top and bottom!
    • tinkerbell1112
      it's a good point about the photos. I usually associate more with someone's photo than their user name. Your page is incredible.
    • rlucasmn
      Love the way you did this layout, especially the journaling "card".
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    sbpoet
    Date:
    Jan 17, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    399.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).