heathert

heathert (MOC6.17)

heathert (MOC6.17)
heathert, Jan 17, 2018
Description:
Challenge: Explain your username. Product used: Just Jaimee, Coffeebreak (paper strip, heart bubble, and flower), Sabrina's Creations, Minutiae (background paper), and Etc. by Danyale (Ch. 4, Defining Him) for the splat. Photo credit: vintage photo from vascottishgames.org. Fonts: KG Skinny Latte ("heathert") and Bach regular for journaling, which reads:

"heathert" is not very complicated: Heather is my first name, and T. is the first letter of my last name--and I use all lower-case because hopefully I don't take myself too seriously. =) As I recall, the way I got to be "Heather" in the first place is pretty amusing: my parents were flying somewhere, and were looking through the plane magazine. There, they spied a young girl dressed in tartan and performing a sword dance, and the copy referred to "Heather" at some point. My Dad's last name is MacLean... so there you go, Heather MacLean (Taylor came after I got married)! As an artist, I used to sign my work with hlm (my middle name is Lorne, for the Firth of Lorne in Scotland, near the MacLean castle), and then when I got married I changed that to hlmt. So perhaps that's why heathert seemed a good online option--hlmt would have sounded like I was choking! =)
mcurtt and Juliestcyr like this.
    • cfile
      :) Love our page here Heather! I figured it had to be your real name. I will say, while I am not Scottish, I am enamored by the customs the Castles, highlands and everything Scotland :) I have been to Scotland twice and absolutely love it. I want to go back in the worst way. I also love Haggis, Tatties and Neeps :) Love your page. Your journaling and paint and papers you have used here. Great page!
      heathert likes this.
    • heathert
      @cfile Hee! I don't think I could ever bring myself to even try haggis... You're a brave'un!
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
      @heathert oh it is definitely delicious. If you like sausage, you would like haggis. :)
      heathert likes this.
    • Sokee
      What wonderful journaling, to learn even how your parents named you Heather! Love the photo to support your journaling!
      heathert likes this.
    • dawninskip
      Gorgeous page Heather!
      heathert likes this.
    • Karen
      I really love your page design here and cool journaling about how you get your name too! Love the photo to go with it!
    • heathert
      @Karen I just noticed as I was looking at the gallery that we both chose a similar composition! =) Thanks for the kind words.
      Karen likes this.
    • Karen
      @heathert That's funny because I commented on your composition and didn't even realize I had done the same thing. LoL! :)
      heathert likes this.
    • *gina*
      Love your page - great journaling.
      heathert likes this.
    • AnneofAlamo
      ♥u heathert! I'm just so happy you are here, scrapping and laughing!
      heathert and LynnG like this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    heathert
    Date:
    Jan 17, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    174.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).