jcb5600

Advice to Myself - MOC6 Jan9

Advice to Myself - MOC6 Jan9
jcb5600, Jan 12, 2018
Description:
used Musings bundle by Etc by Danyale

journaling -
We knew going into this gig that homeschooling wouldn’t be easy. Sure I hoped that everything would be sunshine and roses – the days would be filled with cuddles and reading by a toasty fire, lazy afternoons creating art, exciting experiments and tons of field trips. It isn’t. Days are often long – filled with nagging and micromanaging with dishes left in the sink, papers and books scattered, and rushing out the door to get to a class after searching, unsuccessfully, to find a missing notebook for twenty minutes. But remember why we chose this path as a family! The opportunities that homeschooling allows us. Interests can be followed and nurtured, possibilities opened. Today Makayla took a class on 3-D modeling and printing, trying her hand at some new technology. While she was doing that, Cooper and I explored all the live animals that the museum had on display – I didn’t know he loved snakes! We learned marine science while actually at the beach. We’re going to the DC monuments after studying American history this year. Cooper has learned to write his name and actually sits still for a story these days. Sure, Makayla and I still argue over math. Cooper manages to get in the middle of every lesson. But we’re learning and growing together as a family. So, when you’re ready to pull your hair over the latest homeschooling stress, remember the reasons you chose this lifestyle and the memories you’ve already made along the way. Take a breath and enjoy the possibilities you’ve made come true.
Dalis, MrsPeel and Danyale like this.
    • MrsPeel
      oh my, this is amazing in so many ways.... love the fact that you make the journaling the star, the pieces you chose to embellish are gorgeous, amazing shadows.... the thoughts are so amazingly recorded, I know how difficult it can be to do the homeschooling thing, and you have shown us how rewarding it is too!!! [​IMG]
    • Tammys_Scrapping
      Love this!! I homeschooled all seven of my boys through graduation and hard as it was it was the most amazing journey ever. Hang in there and don't give up!!!!
    • Dalis
      OMG, love your little pennant!!!! Your shadows are just ON POINT!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    jcb5600
    Date:
    Jan 12, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    241.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).