kimingvtx

MOC 11 On This Day

MOC 11 On This Day
kimingvtx, Jan 11, 2018
Description:
Kit -- Valerie Wibbens - Finally

text
May 20, 2017 was a day of accomplishments in my family.

Mark, Kim, and Silas were in Columbus, Ohio for Kathryn’s graduation from Trinity Lutheran Seminary. She had been called into the ministry and the first step was getting a Master’s of Divinity. She chose Trinity as her seminary before graduating from Oklahoma State University in 2013. We were there to attend her final worship service and commencement where she received her diploma.

On the same day, Kevin and Amy’s parents were with Amy as she was receiving her Ph.D. in Performance as Public Practice from the University of Texas. Kevin and Amy had moved to Austin after getting their Masters degrees at Miami University in Ohio in 2009. Amy worked hard and completed her goal of obtaining her doctorate. Fortunately they were live streaming the ceremony in Austin, so we got to watch Amy get hooded between the worship service and commencement in Ohio.

There are no words to adequately express how proud that I am of these two women! I am so lucky that they are my daughter and daughter-in-love!
    • ashleywb
      Wow! Some accomplished women in your family! I love the shot of the streaming ceremony.
    • HeatherB
      What amazing accomplishments from your daughter and daughter-in-love (just love that way of saying it!). And how neat that you were able to watch the ceremony online. Great storytelling and love the photos. Thanks for playing along with my challenge!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    kimingvtx
    Date:
    Jan 11, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    271.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).