littlekiwi, Jan 11, 2018
Description:
Loosely scraplifted https://www.pinterest.nz/pin/240027855121161270/

A New Day by Amber LaBau

New Beginnings by Pink Reptile Design

Start Here by Sara Gleason

Storyteller August 2014 by Just Jaimee

Storyteller January 2014 by Just Jaimee

In the weeks leading up to this year’s election, things down in Wellington were changing every hour it seemed unlike any other election period I had ever worked. This was my 4th time working as an Election Day official issuing and counting votes but the first time working in an Advanced Voting Place in the two week lead up to September 23rd. Coming into this election, I thought I knew what the results would be both for the electorate and nationally….boy I was wrong. Well in one way I was right, I had a pretty good idea that the electorate vote would most likely go to National and especially for the voting place I was located in on Election Day but I had no idea how much the advanced and special votes were going to change the landscape of parliament overall. I honestly thought that it was going to be ‘status quo’ like it had always been since I became involved in elections when I was 18 years old. When the news came in early October that the new government was being lead by Jacinda Ardern of Labour with support from the Green Party and New Zealand First I was rather surprised. Personally I was really pleased that the power had shifted as I felt far more strongly about the policies that Labour and Greens had in terms of social development, health, education and disabilities.
MrsPeel and chastml like this.
    • Nemla
      What a great page,love the way you scrapped this national event,sounds like you all had an exciting election year . By the way love your siggy...
      littlekiwi likes this.
    • littlekiwi
      @Nemla Crazy is closer to it, think in 13 days of Advanced Voting the polling place I was at did around 8000 votes
      Nemla likes this.
    • cfile
      terrific page Jennifer! I like how you did this.. your siggy as Vivi pointed out is wonderful.. you are really getting back into scrapping and it is so great to see... tis has really great composition and great journaling :) Wonderful page!
      littlekiwi likes this.
    • iciclelady
      Wow, great journaling here!
    • *gina*
      Gorgeous page and journaling
    • JenniferHignite
      What a wonderful layout! Love your page design and all the little embellishments you used to tell the story!
    • ashleywb
      This is awesome!! I love the bold pops of orange and the large stamped date.
    • HeatherB
      What a great page, Jennifer. Sounds like the election was a surprise to so many. Love the pops of orange in your design and your great storytelling. Thanks for playing along with my challenge! Oh, and I love your new siggie!
    • MrsPeel
      wow Jennifer!!! another awesome page!!!! honestly I can't believe I had not been in your gallery before!!!! if I was, it must have been a LONG time ago because I don't remember.... I'm going to insist of you not dropping the MOC, I did insist in the forum's thread...and now I have seen your pages?????!!!!! you are doing amazing, LOVE each page, the first one I saw has that awesome clean and super modern look, your clean & simple page is perfect, clean and simple but with lot that make the page so complete and you are a proper memory keeper..... this page is AWESOME once again!!!! Love the composition, the photo of the urn/box is amazing , the color radiates light to the whole page, thge paper people so amazing a representation of the journaling, the detail is awesome too, and, once again, shadows that are amazing!!!! I can;t believe that I zoomed in 5 times and glued my face to the screen to read the journaling and then realized you actually transcribed it!!! :giggle typical me!!!
      About change....I think with age I have changed quiet a lot, so changes that were easy when younger have become more difficult and also technology has grown so much, the view of the world is a complete different to my youth.... but when governments are concerned, I became a bit skeptical.... having said that, though, I know change for the good in politics needs to change...so I really really hope your people will be advancing with the new Labor & Green (which in theory os the perfect government!!! awesome page, once again!!!!!! [​IMG]
      littlekiwi likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    littlekiwi
    Date:
    Jan 11, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    248.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).