Angela Toucan

Lifesavers

Lifesavers
Angela Toucan, Nov 11, 2017
Description:
Two of my children have type 1 diabetes. They would not be alive if it wasn't for Dr Frederick Banting and his research assistant Charles Best. The first to succeed in developing injectable insulin.
The subject of my page was prompted by the inspiration challenge, and the layout is a scraplift of MrsPeel's amazing page The Card. https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/02thecard.320853/. The colour scheme is because on the 14th Nov we will be celebrating Banting's birthday and the type 1 diabetes community does so by dressing in blue.
Credits: Paper and Transfer used as mask: LGrieveson Welcome kit.
Elements (some colour adjustment) KAagard Amusement Park.
Tag and Alpha: Pink Reptile Designs The Sparkly Season.
    • SirScrapalot
      I love the photo blended into the background!
    • caapmun
      Great LO to document this amazing event.
    • Rikki
      Love the idea to combine a photo of your kids with the photo of the two men. Things like that often go unnoticed or are just taken for granted without even thinking that someone had to come up with the idea. GREAT page! Gorgeous clustering, too.
    • kayjaydo
      This is beautiful, not only the page but the reason behind the page! Thank goodness for those two brilliant scientists/doctors. Love the blues and the pic of your kids!
    • RJMJ
      What A Cool Layout!...What A Wonderful Story!...Great Composition!...Love The Background Paper & All The Blue In Contrast With The Neutrals In Both Photos!...Love This!...
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Inspiration Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    Angela Toucan
    Date:
    Nov 11, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    76.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    480px
    Height:
    480px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).