Aug22_Weekly Focus Chall_web

Aug22_Weekly Focus Chall_web
flowersgal, Aug 26, 2017
Description:
Aug22 - Weekly Focus Challenge - Childhood Memory
Supplies:
Lynn Grieveson - Jessie kit
Etc by Danyale - Affirmations elements
jenn mccabe, MrsPeel and Juliestcyr like this.
    • Juliestcyr
      What a fun memory! I love those vintage fabrics and that picture of the lunch counter! My Mom was a cashier at a Woolworth's when she was in high school in the late 1960's. I'm not sure I ever saw one with a lunch counter though. I'll have to ask her about it!
    • AnneofAlamo
      How I loved Woolworths. My little brother and I would take the bus downtown to Christmas shop. We would get all our presents there. Then each of us would get a chocolate malt and share french fries at the restaurant side. Thank you for bringing to my mind a memory that places a smile on my face. Your page almost makes me smell the 5&dime all over again. ♥
    • MrsPeel
      ohhh how I LOVE love LOVE your journaled pages!!!!!!!!!! I remember living in small times in the mountains and going to the big city made for a special trip, but this even makes me reminiscent of a few years back when Sarita was a toddler and we would go into the high street stores, I was just commenting how sad that the big supermarkets have taken over and the high street stores have now closed and are so very few.....Woolworths.... we cried when they closed them here in England!!!!! It was a store with a huge impact in Sarita's growing up....so much bought there, so many shopping trips in our memory ...such a shame they closed :( [​IMG]
    • jenn mccabe
      This is such a walk down memory lane! I love the way you journaled your story ... can really feel the anticipation building for the fun part of the trip. My Gram used to take us to the 5&dime too - and we always got to pick out a little something. Love the photo so much - it's perfect in B&W and the kit is really lovely! So well done! :)
    • mcurtt
      How fun, great memories! I love your vintage, retro looking backgrounds and elements. I remember Woolworth's growing up, but I grew up in Chicago. On Wednesdays, when I had 1/2 day of school, a few of us would walk to the nearby shopping area (about a mile 1/2 away). We'd go to the library, check out the stores, and we'd always stop at Woolworth's to browse & have a bite to eat. My fav was getting a root beer and French fries. Not the healthiest, but it is what it is. And I'd swap out the fries periodically with lemon meringue pie. :-) They had the best!
    • yellowpeep
      You chose the perfect elements to scrap your memory! I love the tiny patterns of the paper and all the beautiful vintage elements. We used to have lunch in Woolworths too, in Hawaii. I always remembered eating grilled cheese with my Mom there.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lilypad Challenges & Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    flowersgal
    Date:
    Aug 26, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    227.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).