tinkerbell1112

Wrong Side of the Tracks

Wrong Side of the Tracks
tinkerbell1112, Aug 17, 2017
Description:
Template: Jan 2016 from Sahlin Studio (altered)
Off we go by Amber Labau
Juliestcyr and KarenB like this.
    • SirScrapalot
      The repetition of the circles is really nice!
    • Lynncal
      Fascinating page, I wish I could read your journaling!
    • bestcee
      Oh my gosh! How frustrating to be in the wrong town, but not. The tracks as a border is nice, until you are on the wrong side! I hope you can use the library for free. Annoying to pay out of resident rates when you live right there!
    • tinkerbell1112
      @Lynncal you know I never really think anyone reads the journaling but me! LOL. If you really want to, here it is :)
      It's so hard moving somewhere new; specifically a brand new state. When we moved to Texas in 2005, we were completely reliant upon our realtor to help us find a new home in a good neighborhood.

Al helped us find a great deal on a home in a nice neighborhood, but didn't completely explain how the cities here work. We thought we were moving to a town called Keller. School district was Keller, our address was Keller... but it wasn't until we went to sign up for things like drivers licenses, library cards, community centers that we learned we were on the wrong side of the tracks. LITERALLY.

The tracks are about 2 miles from our house and we spend almost all our time on the "other" side of them. The tracks happen to be the border of Keller & Fort Worth. So, we technically bought a house in Fort Worth. We utilize and are a part of Keller ISD, but in the eyes of Keller, we are "the other side of the tracks". In about 2008 we had a zip code change that actually changed our address to Fort Worth, but to make matters even better, we're still serviced out of the Keller post office. The new zip code just happens to tell them which side of the tracks we live on.

We find it frustrating frequently. Specifically when it comes to renewing our library card (we thankfully can use the Keller library and the others in the library loan program) and with the Keller Pointe, the community center, where we have to pay non resident rates (boo). In hindsight we wish we would have bought on the Keller side, but in hindsight we know why he didn't show us anything there. The houses are higher priced. I guess that's the price you pay to live on the "right" side of the tracks!
    • KarenB
      Ha! Thats a great/ funny story. I could read the journaling, just a bit fuzzy. Anyway, i love your pictures with the little geo tags, and the paint splatter is a nice touch. Great scrapping and thank you so much for taking part in the challenge :)
    • Juliestcyr
      I know your pain. Our little neighbourhood was once upon a village in a neighbouring township. Then it became part of a suburb, and eventually we were blended in with the City of Ottawa about 20 years ago, but for some reason, we're serviced by different utilities than 95% of the city. Which means I actually pay a little more for hydro than people who live 5 blocks away from me.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Random Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    tinkerbell1112
    Date:
    Aug 17, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    199.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).