jjpederson125

Spite & Malice

Spite & Malice
jjpederson125, Jun 18, 2017
Description:
I used the following:
Fiddle Dee Dee: Fiddlesticks Number 22 Template (THANK YOU!)
A Pennington: SeaChange WoodenBacks
KAagard: Happy Girl Papers and Elements
Just Jaimee: Storyteller April 2017 Ampersand and Elements
Just Jaimee: Storyteller May 201 6 DearMom Paper and Elements
Bella Gypsy: Head Elf Elements
Just Jaimee: Storyteller June 2017 Elements & Word Art

Journaling Says:
Growing up, my family used to go to the cabin on weekends. My parents had to make sure they had their containers full of pennies packed. As soon as the kids were tucked in for the night, the adults played Spite and Malice. Spite and Malice became our go to game for rainy days and snow storms too. The point of the game is to get your penny pile gone before everyone else and then the other players owe you a penny for every card left on their pile.....Some time after my brother and I left for college, my parents changed from pennies to quarters and they are serious about it. I mean serious, Grandma LaVaun once had to write my mom a check for what she owed because she ran out of quarters..... Brady and Jennaya have only ever played with quarters. They missed “the good ole days” of pennies, but that doesn’t stop us from enjoy a little spite and malice during a thunderstorm or snow storm. Brady will play at any opportunity, win or lose....Jennaya plays but if she doesn’t win right away she’s done.
    • keepscrappin
      Love your story! I remember playing cards with my mom growing up. She was a card shark! It took me several years to beat her. Spite & Malice sounds like a fun game. Wish we would have known how to play it. Wonderful layout! I love how everything pops on your black mat and the title is perfect!
    • jjpederson125
      @keepscrappin spite and malice is basically skipbo.....but the cards you have left in the pile you flip over you pay the winner in pennies.....or quarter. =)
    • StefanieS
      Love the dramatic dark BG paper, fabulous photo series and fun journaling, I need to research this, sounds like a great card game to learn.
    • gonewiththewind
      What a fun tradition! Love the dark background and those pops of red. Fantastic!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Template Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    jjpederson125
    Date:
    Jun 18, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    248.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    496px
    Height:
    496px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).