bbymks5

Gradient Tool Challenge Etc by Danyale

Gradient Tool Challenge Etc by Danyale
bbymks5, Mar 12, 2017
Description:
I made this Edgar Allan Poe wreath last year using book pages from a 42 year old book that I picked up at a used store.

I used Moon Laughs and Whispers, Musings and Simple Life.
    • jenn mccabe
      that is such a cool wreath - love the way you scrapped this!
      bbymks5 likes this.
    • keepscrappin
      Awesome wreath making! Love the BIG photo blend with the smaller photo clustered in the corner. You're the crafting queen! WAY TO GO!
      bbymks5 likes this.
    • bbymks5
      @jenn mccabe Thank you!! I had to have hubby take a real picture with a real camera and not just my cell LOL!! I leave this wreath up year round!

@keepscrappin Thank you!! Though I have no idea if I used the gradient tool correctly or not LOL! Playing with paper is my first passion for sure! Took several hours to rip, roll and bundle all of the pages, and I had to hit up 4 different stores before I could find a crow!
    • Mylinn
      Beautiful! Love that blended big picture lots.
      bbymks5 likes this.
    • Serena
      Okay, really cool wreath!! That is an awesome concept and nice execution! Do you do like seasonal ones like that only with different colored papers and like Christmas lights or Easter eggs on them? (Also, love the gears in the corner!!!)
      bbymks5 likes this.
    • bbymks5
      @Serena Thank you!! I've made a few other wreaths, but this one is definitely my favorite one and the only one I haven't given away or trashed after a while.

I am such a sucker for holiday kits it's not even funny!! There's just always something fun about holiday kits; I don't know if it's because they are so themed and not just an general everyday feel or what, but even in physical paper, I'm just drawn to them.

I do favor more of a dark and twisty side to Halloween and not the cartoony stuff. I like dark and twisty year round, but it's harder to find without a Halloween feel. I love the vintage Halloween decorations like the black cat with his hair sticking up on all ends, or the the one with just his face; the jack-o-lanterns with basic faces but that are scared etc.

Christmas and winter I love, love, love the more vintage inspired looks. I collect the vintage knee hugger elves from the 50's-60's; I have a vintage angel chime that I put out. I love the metal reflectors, the aluminum trees with that light behind them; the creepy looking Santa's; I don't know if you remember the winter Authentique line from a year or two ago that leaned more towards blue and tan, it had that creepy snowman on the filler cards...loved him!!

For Easter, I love the bunny paper from Just Jaimee's mini Easter kit from 2015 I believe for the girls; but for myself I again prefer the more vintage stuff.

I guess I lean more towards the vintage styles in general for all the holidays LOL
      Serena likes this.
    • Serena
      Awwww, that's cool though!! My sister is the 20's to 50's girl, so I'm versed in Robin's egg blue, Regency Blue, Spruce blue, and the pale yet vibrant yellow (Canary yellow?). She was SO excited when she redid her house. You'd have a FIELD day in there! She collects vintage elements and decor constantly!

I'm not a fan of halloween so I always just let the family do what they want and then I wrap my little pumpkin up in some funky designed christmas paper and plop him down next to theirs! lol

I was just wondering because I was picturing this wreath with those mini-white lights woven in and thought it would look awesome. :)
      bbymks5 likes this.
    • bbymks5
      @Serena That's awesome!! I collect and use vintage Pyrex...the turquoise Buttermilk and pink Goodberry prints only.
      Serena likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Etc by Danyale
    Uploaded By:
    bbymks5
    Date:
    Mar 12, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.2 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3600px
    Height:
    3600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).