KAPOH

2017-Ice-Dance-Winners

2017-Ice-Dance-Winners
KAPOH, Feb 12, 2017
Description:
JOURNALING: Maia and Alex Shibutani (left) won the 2017 U.S. National Ice Dance title Jan. 21 with their “cerebral and contemplative” free dance, “Evolution.” I thought the elements were performed with their usual surgical precision. But, that, to me, was the problem. It was “one note,” without much heart.
In stark contrast was the passionate and exciting “Under Pressure” free dance of Madison Chock and Evan Bates, choreographed by the legendary Christoper Dean. It was the top dance of the night, with amazing lifts and elements that got the crowd going and earned the team the silver medal overall, just 1.01 points behind the Shibs.
CREDITS: PHOTOS: IceNetwork.com; TEMPLATE: February 2017 Template by Sabrina's Creations; KITS: Iced by Lynn Grieveson; FONT: Myriad Pro
    • amandaresende
      this is beautiful! love the photos and snowflakes!
    • HeatherB
      This is gorgeous! Love the photos of the ice dancers and your journaling about the event. Pretty snowflakes and I like the branch. Great page!
    • Jan
      Love the journaling. Love the snowflakes and all the wintery touches.
    • StefanieS
      Perfection, love the snow flakes creating a visual triangle and the colour pallet that perfectly compliments the photos.
    • Pups_r_Paps
      Love that you used two similar photos for the top two winners. The kit choice is perfection.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Template Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    KAPOH
    Date:
    Feb 12, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    129.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    640px
    Height:
    495px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).