adriablack

Thanksgiving - Drop Cap

Thanksgiving - Drop Cap
adriablack, Jan 15, 2017
Description:
MOC5 - Challenge 10 (drop caps in journaling)

Journaling reads:
This was our first Thanksgiving as a family that didn't come with other obligations. No working and no other family gatherings were happening on this day. So Atty, Jamie, and I all were able to siumply relax and enjoy our holiday together as a family. Which was totally awesome. There was no stress and no running around trying to get from one house to another! Plus we were able to watch the Macy's Day Parade, something I haven't done since I was a child! Atty got a kick out of the parade and seeing some of her favorite characters as really big balloons! But she was rather bored by the time Santa made his arrival! Oh well.

Along with the fact that we had leftovers for dinner and nowhere to be, I managed to get some cleaning and organizing done that had been getting put off. I am the Queen of Procrastination after all. So I ended up cleaning up the kitchen and rotating Atty's toys and getting them to all fit once more in the current storage areas...properly. I even managed to knock out some organizing in Atty's room, not that it will last long. But I decided to take a picture of the living room toy area just as proof...if you will.

Credits:
Font: Tox Typewriter (journaling) and Bebas Neue (drop caps)
Just Jamie - DYD 2015 6x8 Album Templates
Gina Miller - Forever Family Paper Pack
Allison Pennington - Glimmer: Background Basics
Bella Gypsy - Twinkle Ombre Shimmers (papers)
Bella Gypsy - Snap Happier: November 2016
jenn mccabe likes this.
    • jenevang
      I like the composition of this page with the block journaling. And nice title work in the middle. Great job.
      adriablack likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      love how original you have made this into!!!!! gorgeous page composition, love your journaling!!! I have to admit, as much as I miss my family and the spending the holidays in South America (Christmas in summer is something so amazing!!!!!) I do NOT miss the obligations and, like you well said, running from one relative to the other.....which, as we are visitors, are many as the whole family want to see us!!!! I love the spending most pf the holiday in our pjs!!!! LOL I am glad you got a rest and even got stuff done!!!!!!
      adriablack likes this.
    • jenn mccabe
      I've had a few holidays like that - not many - but they are sort of a big relaxing relief!! :) Love your story - and so funny you took a photo of your organizing success. (I totally do this too - despite the weird looks from my family - bc I am just so proud of myself). Love your storytelling and your composition. That title area is awesome! :)
      adriablack likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    adriablack
    Date:
    Jan 15, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    168.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    464px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).