Description:
this is the letter that I wrote and was read at my mom's funeral :(

Used
Artsy Journal 12 by Liz
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Artsy-Journal-12-Digital-Scrapbook-Templates.html
and
Lifetime Stories Kit by Etc
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Lifetime-Stories-Kit.html

Every May I celebrate two things, my mother's birthday and Mother's Day. This year was different. My focus this time is on my mother's life and her influence on mine.

From the time I was two years old, I challenged her. She earned every Mother's Day card! She said I was very prissy and never wanted to get dirty so, she taught me how. From finger painting to mud pies. She was the classroom volunteer, made cakes for cake sales, taught youth Sunday school and somehow kept tabs on me as a teenager without the use of technology.

My sister and I had an amazing childhood. We never once doubted our parent's devotion to us and we went to bed every night feeling safe and loved. We never had "stuff" and we never cared!

My parents never had many earthly treasures but have stored them up in Heaven! They have blessed many families and several of my friends personally by their generosity --of their hearts and their time. From giving rides home when a friend was walking or stuck at the school, staying with them if they got scared when their parents worked, counseled many teens in person and by phone, took many families meals, gave several of my friends a ride to church and lots of events, volunteered at schools and somehow, never missed one event my sister and I did, even if they were lame.

They were also precious grandparents to Charis, Austen, Hannah, Zachary, Nathan, Ben, Owen and Ethan. They also welcomed in great grand children Sadie, Rhett, Ladd, Colton and Harrison. Their combination of grace in Christ and goofiness in life was shown to every single one!

Through the years, my dad has presided over many weddings of my friends and tenderly gone to funerals of my friend's children and some of those he has touched are here today. He has such a shepherd's heart and I saw that with how he treated and loved my mom til the end . She was his sweetheart.

My parents tenderness never ended. Recently, my husband and I went through a huge trial that devastated us. My parents called and were crying with us. They wished they could have been with us. I told them they were there! I said every prayer they ever prayed, every Sunday school class, revival or church service they took me to- it all stuck. It was because of them that I have my faith today.

My mom taught me to stand for what I believe. I have never apologized for it and I never will.

She taught me mercy, grace, how to get dirty, have fun and smile in the face of adversity. I am my mother's daughter.
KarenB likes this.
    • Sokee
      ((hugs)) first sorry for your loss... your layout is beautiful I really wish I could read what you have here. ((hugs))
    • KittyY
      @Sokee I'm gonna add that to the details now :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pollywog Team Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    KittyY
    Date:
    Jan 9, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    234.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).