jenn33199

All About Our Christmas Traditions MOC Day 8

All About Our Christmas Traditions MOC Day 8
jenn33199, Jan 8, 2017
Description:
Etc. by Danyale: Hang With Care, Krafty Santa and Sweet Santa

Journaling (long column):
Our family has many Christmas traditions. Some are based on traditions that Troy and I grew up with and some we have created as our children have grown. On Christmas Eve we attend an early church service then go out for a festive dinner. Once home, our children each receive an ornament that has something to do with the past year (a place we visited, an activity we did etc.) and new Christmas pajamas. Once changed, we settle in and watch the Polar Express.
Christmas morning usually dawns early, thought it has gotten later and later each year as the kids hit their teen years. Children aren't allowed into the family room until Troy and I have gotten up, lit candles, turned on lights and have breakfast cooking. Then, once the children appear, we put baby Jesus into the manger of our nativity set and sing Happy Birthday. Afterwards, we open stockings as we enjoy a wonderful Christmas breakfast cooked by Troy. After we have eaten more than we should, we gather around the tree and take turns opening presents. Since I don't buy a lot of extras for the kids during the year, I often go a little overboard at Christmas time, so opening can take quite a bit of time. Once finally finished, we gather up the paper and wrapping and enjoy movies and time together until we eat a special Christmas dinner. I always love our time together as a family but Christmas is truly special.
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 5
    Uploaded By:
    jenn33199
    Date:
    Jan 8, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    167.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    599px
    Height:
    599px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).