Badge Of Courage
Vrielinkie, Oct 30, 2016
Description:
My mom hates driving, and rarely drives. When she does she's so unsure of herself even though she's an excellent (though a bit slow) driver. So the other night, we came back from a party and while we were driving through a tunnel she said it was the first time in her life (she's 65!) that she had done this. I could tell she was nervous but put the pedal to the metal anyway. So cool!

I lifted this from this excellent LO by lorryfach for the Halloween Bash of 2016.

I used:
- July Blog Challenge Template [2014] by Kate Hadfield
- Road Tested Page Kit by Forever Joy
- Tire Marks #1 by Paula Kesselring
- FONT: Diner-Obese
Shivani, MrsPeel and cfile like this.
    • cfile
      oh what a fun layout! I love the right angle triangles on the top left and bottom right with the diagonal through the middle and oh those tire tracks! Great composition with the B/W photo .. hugs to your Mom. I understand completely... at 55 I am driving less - more locally as the drivers are nutty out there! Great page!!
      Vrielinkie likes this.
    • Ga_L
      great page, love the angle and your picture treatment.
      Vrielinkie likes this.
    • gwtwred
      Wow, I love the gorgeous stripes of color here, especially the tread marks, and I love the unique photo treatment! So cool!
      Vrielinkie likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      you know I always love your pages, but the one thing I am always always so happy about is that you give us the story.... I always try doing that, unless I am in a huge hurry or am not feeling well, I always try to write down the story, I think the pages gfain so much with it!!!!!! LOVE this.... my mum hardly ever drives these days, she is 80, but when in the car with me, I have to make up a rule that she could NOT talk to me about what to do when I m on the striirng wheel LOL she is always scared that something will happen!!!! great page, Thanks so much for playing with us!!!!! [​IMG]
      Vrielinkie likes this.
    • Shivani
      This is simply tremendous - from the photo treatment to angle design to the whole colour palette!!!!simply wow!!!
      Vrielinkie likes this.
    • Vrielinkie
      Thank you all! @MrsPeel and I keep feeling guilty-ish because I'm not a fan of journaling on the page... So I mostly put the story in the gallery description since there is a backstory most of the time, though I feel maybe I should put it on the page... Thanks again for your kind words!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    Vrielinkie
    Date:
    Oct 30, 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    158.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).