dotcomkari

7 Year Milestones

7  Year Milestones
dotcomkari, Oct 14, 2016
Description:
My "List" for the journaling challenge, includes a list of milestones at each age and personal journaling to my Doodle

Emily Memerritt:Hot Templates
Studio Basic and Amy Wolff: Think Happy
Valorie Wibbens: Happy Thoughts
Little Butterfly Wings: Wake Up and Be Awesome Alpha
Allison Pennington: Paper Mail Post Script Papers
Heather Joyce: The Megan

I can finally call you a big girl because you’re all of 7 years old this year. Watching you grow has been the greatest part of the journey I call motherhood. Each year of your life has brought new milestones and experiences; transforming you into the little girl you are today. You have a good heart, good attitude and good personality and that’s what makes you so lovable and likable. And I know I’m not the one who thinks that way. The milestones from here are less defined. There are no checklists. It’s no longer about knowing how to walk, but where to walk. Someday, you will sit in class and your teacher will introduce you to Robert Frost’s poem about two roads diverging in a yellow wood. Your teacher will tell you that what Frost wrote is true. Our choices matter. You will think you understand. It will be my job to tell you that Frost was writing about the best case scenario. Life’s intersections are rarely simple forks in the road with two defined choices. Life’s intersections are crowded and the road less travelled is overgrown and easy to miss. Choices don’t announce themselves. Defining moments camouflage themselves in our daily routine. Seemingly small choices are turns: to smile or not, to speak or stay silent, to stay within or stray from your comfort zone, today or tomorrow. It’s no longer about knowing how to talk, but which words to use. Words have power and must be used wisely. They have the power to hurt and the power to heal, although those powers are not equal. The hurt caused by words is rarely able to be healed by words. Even sincere apologies can’t fully erase the damage. The best an apology can do is ice the swelling. Apologizing for hurtful words is like painting over graffiti. The new paint never quite matches the original color; the shadow of the vandalism remains. There are so many milestones to come: wisdom, courage, discernment and more. None of these have clear metrics to let you know when you’ve arrived. But, you will make progress if you practice. Like a baby taking ten seconds to tip over instead of four, you will slowly learn. You will learn which battles are worth fighting and which are best served by pacifism. You will learn which risks are likely to yield rewards and which are simply an excuse for an adrenaline rush. You will learn so much in the years to come. Trial and error will be your greatest teacher. You will be bruised. You will be scrapped. You will get bumps that swell to an alarming size. That’s part of the growing. Skinned knees mean you’re doing it right.
ljonezy and AllisonPennington like this.
    • HeatherB
      I love how you used the polaroid-style frames to write your list items and then the heartfelt journaling - amazing. And the photos of your little girl at each stage are adorable. Wonderful list and page!
    • AnneofAlamo
      oh my gosh, she is a mini YOU!!! her life is so full, and your love for her even more.
      dotcomkari likes this.
    • dotcomkari
      @AnneofAlamo Doodle gots one hell of a personality..she is my wild child..and all three of my monsters kinda take after mommy in looks ..lol..my oldest is def my mini me..Asia here has a few more of daddy's festues than the other two..she's more round faced and has her daddy's baby blues and curls
    • KittyY
      as a person who loves to journal - girl, this page has my heart! I know how much work went in and the TRUTH you wrote!! :)
      dotcomkari likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Journaling Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    dotcomkari
    Date:
    Oct 14, 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    132.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).