AJK

AJK_MayStyleChallenge_Dad (the 2 pg spread)

AJK_MayStyleChallenge_Dad (the 2 pg spread)
AJK, May 4, 2016
Description:
This is a difficult topic. My Grandfather suffered with Alzheimer's. Now my Dad is struggling. I did this spread thinking of both Dad and Mom. Dad gave me strong, deep, Redwood-like roots, and Mom's heart breaks to see him fade away. Mine too.:(
CREDITS are with individual pages from this spread.
MrsPeel likes this.
    • renee82
      WOW! I love them put together like this! Just amazing!
      AJK likes this.
    • HeatherB
      So sorry to hear about your Dad struggling with Alzheimer's. It's such a horrible disease. I love the symbolism of the tree with the roots on the left side of the page and the art journaling style to your whole 2-page spread. Wonderful double-page layout!
      AJK likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      I saw this when I went to post my page in the challenge thread... I loved it with the intensity you composed here, and had to come to look closer as I imagined it has to be a very special event that leads you to create like this...... the page is beautiful, even in that dramatic , intense way that things like this in life have, but beautiful never the less and is great that some beautiful things can come out of things like this kind of illness, which I have trouble to come to terms with my anger when it attacks.... so far, it has rocked my faith twice...but twice I found (in the scrapping world, funnily enough) people who restore it...and so I keep strong for my loved ones who are still well... I know there isn;t much we can do, especially being so far away, but if at any time you want venting, ranting, (as I know is difficult within family) just give us a shout, I know I "talk" a lot but I do know how to listen too....huge huge huggzzz the double pager is amazing. [​IMG]
      AJK likes this.
    • AJK
      @MrsPeel Thank you and it is great to hear your perspective. :heartlub
    • angiekey
      This is a STUNNING layout with some fabulous symbolism! I'm so very sorry to hear about your dad. :( My grandmother suffered from Alzheimer's for several years before her passing in 2014. It was a long, hard road for my grandfather, my mom, and her five sisters.
    • jennschultz
      What a cathartic page! You really captured the emotion in this wonderful layout!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    AJK
    Date:
    May 4, 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    320 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    751px
    Height:
    376px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).