redplaid3

Our Empty Nest

Our Empty Nest
redplaid3, Jul 19, 2013
Description:
I wanted to represent our empty nest, so I started with making a tree. In our area (the Eastern U S) there are beautiful flowering trees in spring, so I used the pink blossoms to make the tree. The 3 birds flying away are my 3 children. They are also represented by the slightly invisible kids in the front. I included our family scripture: "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord," and a fun thing I have said to the kids when they went off to school each day, "Don't forget where we live!" It means I'll miss you, so come back soon. The swing is actually a frame by CD muckosky that I created because my husband used to push them in the swing and sing to them. The yellow on the house is to depict "we'll keep the light on for you." Our home is a warm, loving place. The string on the house depicts our loving bond. Loved making this.
Paislee Press "Happy Days, Follow Your heart"
Sahlin Studio "I'll Love You Forever"
Pink Reptile Designs & Michelle Godin "What a Wonderful Day"
Laurie Ann HGD Summer Cottage & Free Spirit
Lauren Reid "A Lot Like Love" -- "We're better together"
K winiecki "New BEginnings"
Fonts: Soymilk, Trebuchet, Calibri, Traveling Typewriter
Various brushes including Grass by Diana & CD Muckosky "Gallery Frames" & K Fredericks Finishings 6
    • Trista
      this is all kinds of fabulous! really like the house you have created and the story it tells.
    • MandaKay
      This almost makes me tear up - what symbolism - I am so glad you told the story here in the description as well! So beautifully done!
    • LaurieAnn
      This just melts my heart. It's so beautiful and creative. I love every detail and the scripture too! Joshua 24:15... We have a Joshua, who will be leaving the nest perhaps next year when he graduates from collage. :). The yellow windows to represent leaving a light on is my favorite!
    • scrapsandsass
      This is so sweet. Fabulous. It is so hard to have an empty nest!
    • Nemla
      What a beautiful house,I love the idea of light in the windows to guide your family home....It shows you loved making it.
    • purlz76
      Empty nest is the only future every parent dread. But you make it so peaceful and contented. :thumbsup:
    • Ellie
      This is just amazing! I love how you describe the meanings & representations of the elements you have used.
    • barbaraj
      This is outstanding! Love all the symbolism in the elements you used! Love that swing and beautiful tree!
    • AnneofAlamo
      oh dear Linda, I missed this somehow, and now I stare at it and love how much you enjoy being a mom and a loving wife! Your heart beats thru the page!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Art Journaling
    Uploaded By:
    redplaid3
    Date:
    Jul 19, 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count: