0318_Slow-Scrap_Story_Covid-Sanity
mcurtt, Mar 18, 2023
Description:
Lynn Grieveson - Now is the Time
Kristen Aagard - Homebody Punch Labels
Rachel Jefferies - Today - Basic Backs
Corona Meme from the Internet
    • jam-on-toast
      Ha ha ha... this made me smile! Awesome page! And I totally dig that bottle in a mask!
      mcurtt likes this.
    • flowersgal
      Clever title and bottle with the mask. I love the format you have chosen for these layouts and just wish I could read the journaling as that is always one of my favorite things.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • mcurtt
      @flowersgal I am at the rehab center with John. When I get home, I will try to paste in the journaling.
    • mcurtt
      @flowersgal, nothing exciting about the journaling, excerpts from my daily journal that I keep.

March 2020 excerpts from my daily journaling...

March 15 - In the morning, we watched episode 3 of Chernobyl. Scary stuff, about as scary as what is happening to the world right now with the coronavirus. And to bring it all to the forefront, our Illinois governor banned dine-in eating at restaurants and bars. Carry-outs will still be available if the restaurant wishes. This was announced at 3:30 this afternoon. OMG! Closed until the end of the month. I understand that they want the pandemic to end, and I’d rather they be overly zealous about this than being nonchalant. John & I talked, I’m going to postpone the ophthalmologist appointments. In the evening, Ray & Jackie called. We postponed the April vacation with no specific date. Maybe we can get together later this year? Keeping my fingers crossed. I sent an email to Rick & Sarah & Joe to keep them in the loop. Joe responded, he figured as much. Nothing from Rick...

March 16 - We ran some errands, the bank, dropping of DVD rentals at Family Video, CVS, finally more groceries at Hilander. Absolutely no TP there today, some shelves looked a bit more barren, but still food options. The organic produce appeared to be the hardest hit. We were able to get everything on our list.

March 17 - Happy St. Patrick’s Day, not. The world is in a shambles. I won’t look at my stocks. The DOW dropped 3000 points yesterday. Received a message from Barbara in Poland, wondering how we were doing. So I wrote something & translated it for her. I think she appreciates keeping in touch. In 100 years from now the virus will be an important part of history. We went out to vote today. They disinfected the pens before & after we used them. Then back home.

March 20 - Working on a layout. Added lots more word art, more paint, different papers. More messy, more gloomy, just like our lives are currently. Reading about coronavirus & how it is more of a panic than reality. I hope. Regardless, the target population is our age, so we need to keep safe. We’ll see how it works out. Governor Pritzker issued a Shelter in Place for Illinois beginning tomorrow.

March 21 - Bright & sunny outside, no indication of the gloom that is our world, our new reality. At 5:30 I called for a pizza from Sam’s. Walk in to pick up the pizza, cash only. So that’s what we did, parking lot was pretty empty, but 2 cars drove in right at the time we did. Everyone was polite.

March 23 - I wonder how it is going over at the Plaza? From Facebook, I learned that people had to go to work today, but then as soon as IT set them up for home access, they were to go home to work. Finally! I count my blessings that I am retired.

March 24 - We went to the grocery store around 9ish. John didn’t want to go anywhere more than he had to & we wore masks & gloves. We dropped off the rental DVDs, they are closed until 4/8. At Schnucks we managed to spend $325, but hopefully we won’t have to go for another couple of weeks. It wasn’t super busy, but busy enough. And interestingly, it was pretty well stocked except for TP (none), eggs (only a few jumbo cartons), bread (limiting to 2 packages), hand sanitizers (none).

March 26 - Patti N... emailed me, I emailed her back. So easy to be totally isolated these days. An internet connection is better than nothing. At 5:40 I called China Palace for carry-out. John wanted to support his local restaurants. We drove over, I walked in & waited, took a bit longer than normal with the place dark. Some ass was chatting on his phone, way closer than 6 feet, just wouldn’t shut up. Sigh...

March 30 - John had a customer who wanted strings. He met him in the driveway & then we disinfected the $, cash only, along with the mask John wore out to greet him. Crazy times.

And 3 years later, we still wear masks, we still keep our distance, are hesitant to kiss and hug our loved ones.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Speed Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    mcurtt
    Date:
    Mar 18, 2023
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    250.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    1035px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).