LoveItScrapIt, Jan 26, 2023
Description:
using:
mythical creatures 1 | on a whimsical adventure
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Mythical-Creatures-No-1.html

mpm feb'23: treasured | mpm designers
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Memory-Pockets-Monthly-TREASURED.html

journaling:
Robert Frost said, “Poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words.” That is where this love story begins. I was around the age of 8 years old when I wrote my first poem. A basic piece about autumn leaves that made me smile when I shared it with my mom. I did not know where our story would go at that time.
My childhood was not always as pleasant as others’ and as an adolescent, poetry and I grew parallel to one another and yet closer together. The pages of poetry in my journals and notebooks were the ONLY places I confided. I sorted my emotions. I expressed my thoughts without judgment. I penned my dreams, and I worked through healing. I turned to poetry because I knew the Muse would keep my secrets. She was there for me when I couldn’t speak the hurt out loud. It was during those years my true love for poetry emerged more deeply.
Into adulthood I have remained devoted to poetry. Over the years as I’ve matured and healed the relationship I have with poetry has also been transformed. A relationship that was once purely for emotional release is now a love reworked into a exploration of life’s experiences to better understand the world around us. The Muse and I have cultivated a relationship of synergy. A relationship of discovering the ways in which we can use our voice to speak. For those once like I was…the misunderstood, the unheard, and the unseen.
In poetry I have found a love that is undefined, though many try. At the end of every poem, the poet & the reader never arrive at the same meaning. I have found my voice and my reason with poetry. Poetry is me and I She. And She was and will always be, my true first love. She will always be, Me.
cestrada123 likes this.