RJMJ

Rachel Jefferies-Hear My Voice|Quarterly Challenge-July 2022-Pain Just Sucks

Rachel Jefferies-Hear My Voice|Quarterly Challenge-July 2022-Pain Just Sucks
RJMJ, Jul 31, 2022
Description:
I'm always at home creating art journaling layouts...I guess it's part of my usual style...whatever that is?...But during the pandemic I stopped creating these kind of personal layouts...I guess I just didn't want to put any negative vibes on top of all the ones that were there each day...Besides I just couldn't do it creatively...It just seemed like a strange concept to me at the time...Everyone was struggling not just me...So why should I indulge in my own selfish form of self-therapy to make myself feel better???...So for whatever reason...I just created more upbeat happier/more positive layouts...I guess I was also trying to cheer myself up a little!...A lot of them were based on the concept of hope...I guess I thought if I felt a bit better...then maybe I could cheer someone else up too...I was always on the hunt for daily things to cheer myself up...All the pain on the news was a lot for me to bear...I just couldn't watch that after awhile...I needed to find my own way to get through my own days of struggle & pain...and remind myself that it is not selfish to try to make yourself feel better...and find ways to handle & survive daily pain...

But now I feel different...I feel it is now the right time to create layouts about these things...I felt like I lost myself a bit creatively during the pandemic...but I feel like I've found myself again...Yes! I kept creating lots of pages but mostly for my CT work...I now feel my layouts are personally what I'm trying to say on each page I create...I have found ways to include my feelings & thoughts in each page I now create...lncluding my CT work... whether it may seem obvious or not...but as a lot of you know,my pages are all about feelings anyway...

I have found that these Wonderful! "Hear My Voice" new creative collections that Rachel & Lynn have created...have sparked a deeper energy about my own feelings & my own art journaling journey...& that sadly includes daily pain...but these collections have helped me so much...to create my pain on digital & get those feelings out...& for this I'm grateful for their creations!!!..I have always been a Big! Rachel & Lynn Fan! anyway...No secret there...But I just identify with these collections more than some others...I feel like they make it O.K. to express all those feelings...good & bad on each page I create...I'm all about the feelings & heartfelt pages...These collections have given me a new creative outlet to express my own feelings...I just want to say a BIG!!!...THANK YOU!!! to Lynn Grieveson & Rachel Jefferies...for all the inspiration created here & elsewhere too!!!...:bk...:heartslub...

*SENSITIVE : IF YOU WANT TO STOP READING HERE...xx Rhonda...

*Now that being said my layout today is steeped in pain...I've been struggling with a lot more pain than usual these days because of a newer condition I have...Days have been long & tough to bear...I mean I still don't want this to be all gloom & doom either...I am a very lucky person surrounded with love,kindness & support from my Dad,My Hubby Ray & all of my many friends!...all for which I'm so grateful for...and there is a lot of positive in each day too...you have to look harder sometimes...but it is always there...but I digress...I have some conversations with myself & my pain sometimes...& try to bargain with it...so I can have just a little bit less...I know that seems weird...but I also do ask myself why it is that I have so much pain in my life?...Am I a bad person?...What did I do to deserve this?...And the answer is nothing!!!...It is not my fault of course...but I have my moments of weakness sometimes in the pit of a dark moment or day...where I second guess myself...The ugly head of anxiety & depression sometimes rears itself...I guess that is why I look for positive inspiration in my life despite all of the pain...Things could be worse...in fact they have been in some respects in the last 4 or 5 years...Eventhough pain in prevalent in this layout...I believe in Hope! Faith! Love! Positivity! always...Thank You!!! everyone who made it this far reading my drawn out story...A bit self-indulgent perhaps...I Hope I didn't bore anyone to tears...So let's just move forward now...There are only 2 safe spaces for me where I feel safe to express my deeper feelings...Hearts & Hugs Always...Everyone...xx Rhonda...

*My Pain Just Sucks Layout :

Created with : Hear My Voice : 02 : Hurting & Hear My Voice : 03 : Healing : Collections By Rachel Jefferies & Lynn Grieveson

Additional Fonts I used For My Own WA/Journaling :
*Smelly Peach Blocky
*Smelly Peach Regular
*Oracles Regular
    • Smwhite
      What a wonderful art journal page! I love how you've used these collections.... the layering of images is amazing! There is so much there in image and word, very genuine and expressive.
      RJMJ likes this.
    • Angela Toucan
      fabulously expressive collage. Bless you.
      RJMJ likes this.
    • flowersgal
      Rhonda - ALL of your layouts astonish and amaze me. Thank you for sharing your intimate thoughts and struggles with us. I, for one, really enjoyed your layouts through it all. So glad you have this creative outlet to let your mind fly away from the grip of bodily pain even if just for a bit. I so admire your perseverance and creativity and pray for moments of joy for you today and every day.
      RJMJ likes this.
    • LynnG
      So, so powerful and creative.
      RJMJ likes this.
    • Rachel Jefferies
      The layering of textures in the background alone is quite something. I love how you have layered cards and then all of the journaling prompts, stamps and elements, this is a work of art and worthy of a Froggy Fave, congrats!

It's sad isn't it, everything that has happened :( I feel like the Pandemic has changed us all in someway but am so happy to hear that you feel like you've found yourself again. And I tell you it's bloody therapy for me that I can be myself and let my messages creep through with art or creative journaling and nobody else being none the wiser!! :giggle:giggle

Thank you so much for the incredible feedback about our collection, it echoes that we have achieved what we set out to achieved and this is fantastic to hear.

Much love to you, with everything you have and still endure, you are quite the inspiration of strength and hope and so much more.
      RJMJ likes this.
    • RJMJ
      @Rachel Jefferies Oh! my dear!!!..Rachel...Your Wonderful!!! Kind! & Heartfelt! words have caught me off guard & have truly touched my heart today!...I burst into tears momentarily upon reading that last part!!!...Thank You! so much!!! kindly...It means so much to hear that!!!...I find strength In the love & hope & community that surrounds my life!!!...And being a part of the scrapbooking community gives me some of that strength...From people like you & Lynn & everyone here at The Lilypad & Oscraps & beyond...You & Lynn's hard work put into these collections is just so evident!!! & beautiful!!!...So Thank You! both for that inspiration!!!...as always...Hearts & Hugs Always...xx Rhonda...:bk...
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Rachel Jefferies
    Uploaded By:
    RJMJ
    Date:
    Jul 31, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    440.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    675px
    Height:
    675px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).