trekmom

June Challenge 2022 What's Going On Here

June Challenge 2022 What's Going On Here
trekmom, Jun 28, 2022
Description:
I used 100% Rachel Jefferies products.
Step By Step: Stamp 05 and 06.
Riding the Rails, transfer 05
Negative Thoughts: Brush 03, Brushes and Stuff 01, Brush01, frame, paper piece, tread, stamp and paper 04.
This page is complicated. It's a photo of my brother from when he was maybe 10, he had braces. He looks cross eyed but thankfully, he isn't. This page represents our relationship or lack thereof. He only texts when he wants something. Growing up, he was my parent's favorite child. Of two. Now, he and my mother aren't speaking. I intentionally made the page a tad dark and strange.
MrsPeel likes this.
    • IntenseMagic
      This is super cool! I love the feeling you've created with the deep and dark colors! Wonderful blending work!
      trekmom likes this.
    • keepscrappin
      I love the cloud above his head. The dark colors and target circles behind express the strained relationship and are powerful. Glad you were able to get some of these feelings out.

Thanks for playing along with Rachel Jefferies mixed media challenge!
      trekmom likes this.
    • trekmom
    • MrsPeel
      am speechless, which is an achievement for you side.... fabulous thought here, I honestly have not words, maybe impressive fits....anyway, marvellous!!!!!!!!
      into the JUNE Froggy Faves!!!! [​IMG]
      trekmom likes this.
    • trekmom
      @MrsPeel Thank you so much, Family drama. I let it out in my page. I promised my mom to bring home all of her old photos and scan them. Oh boy.
      MrsPeel likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      my dear .... what family doesn't have drama? I'm still to find one!!!! Love that you turned it into a marvellous piece..... !!!!!!!!!! I think you would be a fantastic graphic artist, this could be a record cover album, or a poster for a gig/concert, it is amazing just visually, then when we read your feelings....fabulous..... and original, as you always do!!!! I love that you always come up with takes on feelings that become master pieces!!!!!!!!!!!
      [​IMG]
    • Rachel Jefferies
      Emotive and expressive artistry, you did a fab job with the technique, thank you for sharing this personal story with us and thanks for taking part in the challenge - i appreciate it!
      trekmom likes this.
    • trekmom
      @Rachel Jefferies Thank you so much for your kind words, it means a lot to me and I appreciate it.
    • bellbird
      i love the B&W photo effect blended with the text, the combo of circles and triangles with the wavy border and all the yellow splatter that makes this pop!
      trekmom likes this.
    • mcurtt
      Congrats on your Froggy Fave and Pride of the Pad. Awesome page with all of your painterly goodness. And regardless of your current relationship with your brother, he did make for a great subject here.
      trekmom likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Rachel Jefferies
    Uploaded By:
    trekmom
    Date:
    Jun 28, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    5.6 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3588px
    Height:
    3588px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).