trekmom

NBK The Best Thing About Being Lucile Is Her Recipes And Everything.

NBK The Best Thing About Being Lucile Is Her Recipes And Everything.
trekmom, Jun 25, 2022
Description:
My cousin Lucile passed away a few weeks ago and at her memorial, everyone got a copy of her famous sauce. In the photo, is Lucile with her daughter Joanne, being the funny, loving daughter, she has always been. I was glad that I went even though it was about an hour of driving each way.
I used NBK Storyteller Templates 12 x 12 #4 and Art Crush 51 Bits and Pieces.
The best part was at the end of the memorial, my cousins and their adult children all held hands and sang and danced to Lucile's favorite song, I feel like a Woman.
To explain further, there were 10 kids in my dad's family, so he became an uncle at the ripe old age of 3, Ralph his nephew married Lucile.
    • ArmyGrl
      Mmmm...sounds delicious! And am lovin' the groovy vibe and colors of your layout.
      trekmom likes this.
    • trekmom
      @ArmyGrl It's similar to how my grandmother made sauce but it's missing fresh garlic, fresh basil, and onions. I made sauce this week with a cup of red wine in it. So much fresh basil. You have to be careful with the basil because if you put it in the ninja bullet, the green makes the sauce a gross shade of brown. Thank you.
    • ArmyGrl
      @trekmom Oooo - I love your sharing of recipes and ideas. For so long I seldom cooked due to super busy life style. Now I'm playing catch up with cooking and baking (often times disastrously! ha!!!). The red wine addition sounds lovely. And almost everything I make has an abundance of garlic because my husband and I love it so much. No vampires here.
      trekmom likes this.
    • trekmom
      @ArmyGrl Thank you, I love garlic so much. I bought a freezer for the basement so I can cook for my mom and freeze it for her. I've got two kinds of soup ready for her. Too much lasagna and taco lasagna!
    • Electra
      Yummmmmmm! I love the colours of this and those magic lights! Really lovely so creative page!
      trekmom likes this.
    • jam-on-toast
      I absolutely love your page and that sauce of yours looks soooo delicious! Thank you so much for participating in Nicole's challenge!
      trekmom likes this.
    • trekmom
      @Electra Thank you very much!
      @jam-on-toast Thank you. That is my cousin Lucile's recipe. She recently passed away and they gave everyone a copy of her sauce recipe. Her daughters and grandchildren (adults) held hands and walked out singing that song "the best thing about being a woman" because it was her favorite song. I will miss her very much, but I personally can't make sauce without basil in it. I also never add water to my sauce. I did add red wine to the last batch I made.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    NBK Design
    Uploaded By:
    trekmom
    Date:
    Jun 25, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    2.9 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3600px
    Height:
    3600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).