trekmom

BYOC March 2022 Cedar Waxwings

BYOC March 2022 Cedar Waxwings
trekmom, Apr 3, 2022
Description:
I used NBK Art Crush 50 Artsy Bits 17, Paper Pattern 3 and paper pattern wood 4.
Allison Pennington Dear Spring Solids 4 and Label 3.
Bella Gypsy Boyhood Foliage 1 and Frame 4 used 3 times.

I was going to a dr's appointment and parked in the wrong parking lot but I got to see these birds that I have never seen before. There was so many of them flying so quickly and skittering away the moment they noticed I was looking. I had to look them up to see what they were. Cedar Waxwings. I've lived in CT all my life and have never seen them!
    • cfile
      Oh my, these are gorgeous and fantastic captures!

One of my Dad's favorite birds were the cedar waxwings.. we would get them occaisionally when we lived on Long Island.. I remember them briefly from the 1970's :) ... here (VA) back I want to say 2010 or so, we had an influx of a whloe flock that flew in and attacked our Holly Bush for all the berries.. there must have been at least 50 or more.. I took photos and then as fast as they came in the whole flock took off and I haven't seen them here again either.. they were never here before that either.. it was odd but I was so glad I too caught them!

I love the way you used the BYOC products to showcase these fantastic photos.. the composition is fantastic and those circular frames are perfect! The leaves tucked under the photos mimic the bushes the Cedar Waxwings are perched on, and the papers used are perfect too.. these Cedar Waxwings remind me of what someone may have thought back in the days where they decided to decorate Christmas trees as the birds look like beautiful ornaments! Absolutely breathtaking!

Congratulations too, as this is a Froggy Fav for April for sure! Thanks for playing along with the April BYOC Challenge!
      trekmom likes this.
    • trekmom
      @cfile Thank you so much for sharing the story of your father. Thank you for the kind words about this page. Froggy fav, wow, I'm so grateful!
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
    • ajm
      This is so gorgeous! I love everything here!
      trekmom likes this.
    • trekmom
      @ajm Thank you so much!
      ajm likes this.
    • ArmyGrl
      Pure marvelousness! Congrats on the Froggy Fave!
      trekmom likes this.
    • trekmom
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    BYOC Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    trekmom
    Date:
    Apr 3, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    6.6 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3588px
    Height:
    3588px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).