Cherylndesigns

Kim Jensen February Challenge

Kim Jensen February Challenge
Cherylndesigns, Feb 10, 2022
Description:
Did this ever stir up some old memories. I have never written about this experience before and as I wrote about it, I was terrified that this happened! But I was young and fearless then. Here's the journaling:

"It was a long time ago and I was driving home from the lake with
my young son who was about one. It was very hot and I didn’t have’’
AC. My son was asleep in his car seat in the back and I was also
fighting sleep. I wanted to pull over but hadn’t found a spot. All of
a sudden, I noticed a big truck following very closely behind us. I got
very scared and just kept driving. He kept following, very closely, and
started motioning for me to pull over. I finally did and he came up
to the car. I was really frightened by then, but he just asked if I was
okay. He said I seemed to have fallen asleep at the wheel and was all
over the road. He followed me, honking his horn, which I didn’t even
hear and tried to get me to pull over before I had a wreck. We got out
of the car, the 3 of us, and sat in the shade at a picnic table. He had
cold water in his truck and got us some. He stayed with us for about
an hour until he was convinced that I was awake. Then, he followed
us for as long as he could and when he had to turn off, we honked at
each other and waved. That was definitely a Random Act of
Kindness and one that I’ve, obviously, never forgotten."

I used Kim Jensen Woodland Friends, Capricious and Sweet American Summer. The car and truck pictures are from Pixabay, but I was driving a car like the one in the picture. That's actually a picture of my son that I extracted.
umyesh and LynnG like this.
    • michele hillam
      Wow, not many acts of kindness result in saving lives! What a great story and what a great person this driver was! It is nice to know he was willing to overlook his delivery schedule to help. Thank you for sharing your story with us!
    • KimJ
      Oh, wow. So thankful that he came along. What a wonderful person to take so much care for a stranger. I love the picture of your son, and the other photos really help visualize the story. Fun use of the kits. The cloud with the bow is a sweet touch. Terrific page!
    • Cherylndesigns
      @michele hillam Thanks so much, Michele. It was such a random act of kindness - I always wished I could thank that man, somehow. Nowadays, I could probably contact him on FB. It was such a kind thing for him to do and I'm sure it interrupted his schedule.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @KimJ Thanks so much, Kim. It was still powerful, writing this, after all these years. Creating this page really took me back to that very day. We're so much braver when we're young, but it scares me to pieces to think about it now.
      KimJ likes this.
    • garrynkim
      Wow Cheryl. What a great R.A.K. that was. I would have been terrified too! I so glad here was there to help you out. Your page is so sweet and I love that you included the Pixabay photos to help tell that story!
    • Cherylndesigns
      @garrynkim Thanks so much, Kim. I didn't realize how many feelings this would dredge up. This is the essence of why we scrapbook, I think. I loved this challenge, to make me document this Random Act of Kindness.
    • umyesh
      What a perfect story for this challenge Cheryl! Wow. I'm thankful you and your son were kept safe. I love how the stitched border along the bottom looks like grass behind the boys and the trees. I also like how the arrow flair points to the story.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @umyesh Thanks so much, Monica. It's really frightening when I look back on that time! Thanks for your sweet comments. :)
      umyesh likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Kim Jensen
    Uploaded By:
    Cherylndesigns
    Date:
    Feb 10, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    288.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).