emjaytee

MOC Day 26 - Tribute Layout

MOC Day 26 - Tribute Layout
emjaytee, Jan 29, 2022
Description:
This LO is for MOC Day 26 - Tribute Layout.
Collected Pockets template - Lynn Grieveson
Blue Skies Ahead kit - Lynn Grieveson

Journaling 333 words:

Todd and I had never taken a trip together, nor a family trip further than Queensland when Max was only one year old. Our decision to send the kids to private school meant that big family trips, especially overseas trips, were just not financially possible. I’m lucky that I had already been overseas a few times, but Todd had never been overseas.

Geoff and Paula had a timeshare that had resorts all over Australia, plus some overseas. One of the resorts was Karma Cay Tre in Hoi An, Vietnam. They had already been to the resort, so when another week became available, they gave it to us to use. The accomodation was only going to cost us $6 per night, so we really only needed the money for airfares, plus money for food and spending money of course.

Initially we thought that we would take the kids with us for one week, and see the north of Vietnam - Sapa, Ha Long Bay, Hanoi. Then they could fly home and Todd and I would head down to Hoi An for our week at the resort. (The resort is for adults only, which is why we couldn’t take them there with us.) In the end it was going to be too expensive. Also, Stevie was then given a government grant to do a volunteer trip to Vietnam four months later, in December. So we shelved the family trip, and decided that just the two of us would go to Hoi An for one week.

I have to be honest, I was not really excited about the trip. Partly because I felt guilty about leaving the kids at home, and partly because I didn’t really want to be spending the money. But the opportunity of practically free accomodation was too good to pass up. Well, of course we absolutely loved the trip, and we were so glad we went. And now we are counting down the days until we can go back to this wonderful country.
    • cfile
      Wonderful memory page, along with the wonderful photos! I agree next to nothing cost of accomodations is too good to pass by! Glad you enjoyed! I love the papers and elements you chose for your page.. they really accent your photos really well! Great title work too!

Thank you for sharing and playing along with the MOC day 26 Rememberance/Tribute Challenge! Well Done!
    • flowersgal
      What beautiful photos and a great story.
    • Angela Toucan
      beautiful photos, and fabulous story telling.
    • LynnG
      Wonderful documenting :-)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 10
    Uploaded By:
    emjaytee
    Date:
    Jan 29, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    774.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    576px
    Height:
    576px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).