morgyns

MOC - Day 26 - My Nana

MOC - Day 26 - My Nana
morgyns, Jan 28, 2022
Description:
Lillypad Collab - Bloom and Grow
journal reads
I spent a lot of time with my Nana when I was younger. She looked after me during the day when Mum went back to work. She lived close by so Mum could come and feed me during her breaks. As I got older she would take me into town with her on the bus, we would visit her friends, go shopping and sometimes have tea and cake in a cafe. She always told me I was a chatterbox and would chat to anyone who sat near us on the bus. She took me to ANZAC day services - she helped in the kitchen serving food to service men and women who marched. She wasn’t the greatest cook but I remember baking biscuits and slices with her in the kitchen and enjoying hot lunches most days. She was the person that started my life of crafting. She sparked my joy of scrapbooking/memory keeping. She collected newspaper and magazine clippings and would put them into scrapbooks. She also had a love of photography and had many albums of photos. She taught me how to cross stitch and knit (I remember her having bags and bags and bags of yarn in the cupboard). She mostly knitted baby clothes and blankets for friends/family or to donate to the trading table at the R.S.A. While I still love cross stitching I am a terrible knitter and don’t even own needles anymore, one of her larger cross stitch pieces hangs on the wall in my Dad’s house. We used to visit her friend Dot who had a whole craft room. We learnt to do paper tole there, which became another hobby we would enjoy together on my visits - which were now just during school holidays. She had an exciting life when she was younger, she was in the women's darts team and travelled around New Zealand and Australia playing darts. She also played in the brass band - I never got to see or hear her play but my Dad said he remembers seeing her play a few times in town. She volunteered at a few charities and was the treasurer of the R.S.A women’s section for a number of years. I have many fond memories of spending time at Nana’s house and all the things we would get up to I could write many more pages, but I will leave it here for now.
    • flowersgal
      You were blessed with a wonderful Nana. She certainly introduced you to lots of interesting crafts. Nice tribute to her and a lovely photo and layout.
      morgyns likes this.
    • bestcee
      This is a beautiful tribute to your Nana! I love how you touched on so many elements of her personality and life.
      morgyns likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 10
    Uploaded By:
    morgyns
    Date:
    Jan 28, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    8.9 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3600px
    Height:
    3600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).