Cherylndesigns

MOC10 Day 26 Tribute/Remembrance Challenge

MOC10 Day 26 Tribute/Remembrance Challenge
Cherylndesigns, Jan 27, 2022
Description:
SwL_ArtsyJournalTemplate28: Digital Scrapbook Template - Artsy Journal 7 | Scrapping with Liz (the-lilypad.com)

LBW All Dogs Go To Heaven: Digital Scrapbooking kit by Little Butterfly Wings (the-lilypad.com) 331 words.

In 2009, we decided that we wanted another dog. We had been without one for about a year and were feeling the loss. I went on the Humane Society website and saw a yellow Lab named Gunner and we went over to see him. While we were there, they brought another yellow Lab in for us to meet. His name was Sam. We decided that we really wanted Gunner and they would notify us if we were a good match.

A few days later, we received a call that we weren’t a good match because Gunner was used to living in the country where he was able to run free. We lived in a suburb and couldn’t accommodate that due to leash laws. They asked if we would consider Sam instead and we said we were fine with that. We totally understood that we couldn’t let a dog run free - we didn’t even have a fenced-in yard.

Our new dog has some issues, as some rescues do, but we worked with him and took him to dog training. He turned out to be a great dog and bonded with us and our grandchildren

We later moved to Florida, and he was a champ at moving so many miles away. He loved laying out by the pool and enjoyed the “good life”. Sam was the perfect dog for us - he loved our grandson, Asher, who lived with us for a few years. He was so gentle with him and they loved each other. They became besties and were always together. Asher had never been around a big dog before and he was fascinated.

In early 2017, Sam got sick and after lots of treatments, we made the tough decision that it was time for him to go to The Rainbow Bridge. He turned out to be such a blessing to us and instead of rescuing him, he rescued us. We were blessed to have had Sam all those years.
    • cfile
      Oh my Cheryl, what a wonderful tribute to Sam and what beautiful storytelling!! I loved reading about your rescue pup and reading it Sam was meant to be with you all! Love that photo of he & Asher!! Great photos and great choice of template and kit to journal your story! Thanks for playing along with MOC day 26 memory challenge! I love that heart charm with paw print! Wonderful! Thanks for sharing!
    • Cherylndesigns
      @cfile Thanks so much for your sweet comments, Christa! Sam was very special and I knew right away that I wanted to do a tribute to him. :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub
      cfile likes this.
    • Pachimac
      That picture with your grandson - oh - it just tugged at my heart!!! Such a beautiful memento of a very beloved member of the family!
    • Cherylndesigns
      @Pachimac Thanks, Susie! They were SO cute together. He used to put hats on Sam and that big ole' dog just sat there and let him do it.
    • Scrapping with Liz
      What a sweet story!
    • Cherylndesigns
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 10
    Uploaded By:
    Cherylndesigns
    Date:
    Jan 27, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    258.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).