Macsandy

Day 23-Blanketed-with-Love_web

Day 23-Blanketed-with-Love_web
Macsandy, Jan 24, 2022
Description:
For MOC 110 Day 23 - I scrapped about my joy in providing handmade blankets for my family. I found this challenge difficult because it took a long time finding appropriate elements (going through lots of kits) and then making sure they were under the stitching and still looked okay. It was hours of work and I started over twice before I was happy with it.

I used pieces from a bunch of kits... The flowers, circle love sticker, paper leaf collage, heart card, bird, 2 floral bouquet stickers and floral tag are from the ”Heartsong” Lily Pad collab. The sequins, the pink polka dot and blue floral banner flags, and the gold leaf are from the ”Of Wishes, Hopes and Dreams” Lily Pad collab. The leaves are from ”Starlit Summer;” the white feather is from ”Faithful;” and the ”Handmade” tag and paper are from ”Yarn Craft” each by Kristin Aagard. The shades of pink flower sticker, and the tulle is from ”Believe” by Forever Joy, and the glitter feather is from ”Offline” her also. The white tab under one of the glitter stars is from Bella Gypsy’s ”Find Your Wild. I used a heart, a gold foil arrow cutout, and an appliqué from Bella Gypsy’s old kit, ”Everything Nice.” I used the ”Advent” template by Heartstrings Scrap Art which actually had the starbursts, glitter stars and the foliage (other than the leaves) in the template so I left them in place.
    • Karen
      Doing a layout about crochet is perfect for this challenge... strings, stitches and yarn are all in the same family to me. :giggle I too, love to crochet, so I know how awesome it feels when somebody actually uses what you make for them. And even better when they come back and ask for more. That must have felt so great! I'm glad you stuck with the layout because it turned out great! Thanks for playing along with my challenge! :agree
      Macsandy likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 10
    Uploaded By:
    Macsandy
    Date:
    Jan 24, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    845.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).