jaye

MOC 2022 January 11-Where I Live

MOC 2022 January 11-Where I Live
jaye, Jan 12, 2022
Description:
journaling: (103 words) I live in a historic, pretty little waterfront town in South Western Ontario. What makes us unique is that our downtown is on the waterfront and you can stroll along through the Navy Yard Park. We also have an old British Fort that was used in the planning of the Siege of Detroit by Sir Isaac Brock and Chief Tecumseh. The Fort would later become an Ontario Provincial Asylum in 1859. We were also a chief place of entry for refugees seeking to escape slavery in the U.S. Adding to my area's rich history is the Rum Running that took place during Prohibition.

created using:
Cheery Dressed Down Templates by Fiddle Dee Dee Designs
July is for Getting Away Bundle by Little Butterfly Wings and Studio Basic Designs
font-Quicksand
    • ArmyGrl
      I love historic towns (kinda creepy about the asylum though). Any rum left over?? hee hee
    • jaye
      @ArmyGrl it was turned back into a Fort and is a great place to visit. If you didn't know the history you would never know that it spent a few years as an asylum. :)
    • ArmyGrl
      @jaye I still can't help but wonder if there are ghosts. Okay - I watch too many horror flicks!
    • jaye
      @ArmyGrl funny thing, some people have reported a ghost of a woman.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 10
    Uploaded By:
    jaye
    Date:
    Jan 12, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    300.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).