jam-on-toast

Day 11 Where I Live

Day 11 Where I Live
jam-on-toast, Jan 12, 2022
Description:
Template - Traveling the World by Scrapping with Liz
Kit - Tourist collection by Elif Sahin Design

Journaling (136 words)

Over the years people have repeatedly asked us where we liked it best. And we always answered that every place has its charm. And it is true. But Jakarta holds a very special place in our hearts because it was our first destination as a family. And that's why we were overjoyed when we were told we'd be moving here again. A year and a half later, we still love it here. Despite the giant cockroaches, unreliable internet and very relaxed approach to what 'ready' and 'fixed' mean. We love it here because it's always warm even when it's cold. Because every weekend feels like a mini getaway even if we stay at home. Because people are friendly and welcoming despite the language barrier. The food is good, the sea is warm.... What's not to like???
LynnG and katell like this.
    • A-M
      I really enjoyed your journaling ( thank you for sharing it in the description). Your title looks good and a great template you have used so well.
    • katell
      looks like a perfect place to live! love your lo
    • *sylvia*
      love your journaling and the great use of the template
    • bjthomas
      I love this! And of course, I'm drawn to any layout featuring any part of SE Asia, which is where I grew up. I haven't been to Jakarta ... yet, but it is definitely on my bucket list :)
    • Scrapping with Liz
      I kind of want to live there after your description!
    • jam-on-toast
      @bjthomas I remember seeing one of your layouts about growing up in Thailand (?) and attending an event and looking very different from everyone around - boy could I relate!... I wish we could travel more - now that we are here - but it is a little difficult for the moment... I have so many places on SE Asia on my bucket list...
      bjthomas likes this.
    • jam-on-toast
    • jk703
      Sounds so different and diving against the hustle and bustle of US. The relaxed attitude and atmosphere would do me well! Nicely done, and I love how you did the two world maps together!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 10
    Uploaded By:
    jam-on-toast
    Date:
    Jan 12, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    449.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).