Pachimac

MOC10_11 Where I Live

MOC10_11 Where I Live
Pachimac, Jan 11, 2022
Description:
My location elements are:
Binoculars charm: SOCO "Hit the Road"
Heart Map: "Life is: Enjoying Days Off" Collab
Arrow, boarding pass, word art, map, airplane charm: "Life is an Adventure Volume 2" Collab

Other Credits:
Kristin Aargard: "Jackpot"
"Life is: Enjoying Days Off" Collab: Enjoy Life Banner
SOCO "Hit the Road": Ribbon
"Life is an Adventure Volume 2" Collab : Here tab, dotted background

Journaling: 361 words (Journaling is never my issue! LOL)

When People think of Las Vegas, they automatically think of the Strip. Las Vegas is so much more than that. It really is a destination location where you can do so much - but we have the reputation of just being Sin City. I thought so too. Never wanted to live there. Hated visiting my In Laws there, but God had other plans!
We moved to Nevada in December of 2012 in a small u-haul and pretty much just the clothes on our backs. We were broke, and my husband was unemployed. We moved in with my IL’s in their second bedroom and started the hunt for a job. I had no desire nor want to live in Las Vegas, but at the time it was a choice between being homeless and having a roof over our heads. It took 18 months to get on our feet again and move forward. While Nevada (and Las Vegas specifically) was NEVER on my radar as a place I wanted to live, we ended up here.
The summers are unbearably hot, and I rarely go outside unless I have to.
The raunchiness of the strip makes me sick sometimes, but there is so much more to Las Vegas than the strip.
When I need beauty, there is Red Rock, where there are beautiful vistas and hiking trails. When I need people, there’s the strip.
We have world famous chefs who have restaurants here, so food is spectacular, and 24/7.
We Have Mt. Charleston for snow for playing in and skiing in the winter.
We have Lake Mead for water skiing and boating, and plenty of night life for shows, celebrity, and concerts.
I have no idea if this is actually a plus, but we now have a football team - but it’s the Raiders. (Not my favorite team)
The cost of living is much cheaper than California, and living about 20 minutes from the strip makes me almost forget I live in Las Vegas. The suburbs are pretty much just like any other town.
All in all, God knew what he was doing when he planted us here. I should have just trusted Him.
JenEm likes this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      This is AMAZING, Susie!!! I LOVE that you used so many pictures to tell your story and you're right, we all think "Las Vegas Strip" when we think of Las Vegas. My heart went out to you when I read your poignant journaling. I'm so happy for you that you, not only, landed on your feet, but you've thrived. Hugs, my friend.
    • Carla
      This is absolutely gorgeous and I love, LOVE your journaling. So from the heart! Your photos tell a totally different story than I have ever heard. I can see the beauty in all of it.
    • garrynkim
      We are neighbors I bet! I love your journaling and the terrific representation you've made for Vegas. All your photos are awesome and what a great title!
    • katell
      LAS VEGAS????? yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh what an amazing place to live!
    • jk703
      Awwww! I love your journaling, a trip inside your memory of how Nevada grew on you! What's funny to me is I can totally say the same about NYC....as you do about the strip/Las Vegas. Good enough for visits! So many great pictures, and your title work is so clever and creative! Love this and I really thank you for joining in! :beat
    • LynnG
      Such a great take on this, with fun photos and amazing journaling :-)
    • Lynnette
      Beautiful page! My husband grew up in Vegas (Henderson) and my in-laws still live there too. I'm so glad you were able get back on your feet there, it really does have a lot to offer. We love visiting Vegas!
    • JenEm
      Swoon! So much love for this beautiful page of yours - the photos, your title work and, most of all, your heartfelt journaling. Your positivity is shining through in your page. Just so beautifully and cohesively scrapped. Love! Congratulations! Your page is a Froggy Favorite. :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 10
    Uploaded By:
    Pachimac
    Date:
    Jan 11, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    297.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).